switch off

caelan

Reaction score
to all
when going fishing in the cold/frosty mornings in the car I leave the heating off
so when I get out in the cold I don't freeze me bits an bobs off do any one else
do the same or do you get there snug as a rug till you open the car door and bingo jeees is cold

barry dix

Reaction score
By the time that I have unloaded the car and lugged my kit to the bank I'm usually sweating like a pig no matter what the weather the problem starts later when I have been sitting motionless for an hour.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
ditto that.... even after putting my match kit on a diet I'm still a runny mess on cold winter mornings after getting to my swim and setting up:eek:mg:

dangermouse

Reaction score
What I do on cold/frosty mornings is get up, put the central heating on and read about nutters going fishing. ;)

barry dix

Reaction score
I'll tell you about nutters how about this, I got the missus to drop me off at the pike lake on her way to work just before 6am, I scrambled down the bank in the pitch dark and found my way to the swim and started to set my rods up but it wasn't long before I realised that I had left my reels at home. I had three options, a) I could wait until it was light and do a bit of lure fishing, b) I could pack up and lug my kit the mile back home or c) I could hide my kit in the bushes and walk the mile home get my reels and walk back to the lake. I chose to take option (c) the trouble being that as I knew that it was going to be cold I had multiple layers of clothes on including thermal underwear, by the time I had got back to the lake I was soaked in sweat but as the sun was just starting to show its face I thought that I would soon dry off, how wrong I was and by about 11am I was ringing the wife to pick me up when she left work at 2 o'clock. By the time she turned up I was verging on hypothermia, oh and I blanked too that's a nutter for you.

The bad one

Reaction score
Nope I wait for the warmest part of the day before I venture forth and stay into dark, adding layers as the temperature drops. Ah river fishing and it's fish, so accommodating! :)

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I like to load up the car and start the engine, melt the frost and get the car as warm as I can.
Then I leave my coat off and get as warm as I can until I get to the venue.

I then put on all the winter clothing and load up the barrow, pushing that to the swim usually has me sweating.

And I still fish in the depth winter ?

Bob