Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colour

Default Colour

Just bought some Daiwa Sensor to use as a mainline.

This got me thinking (doh), should my hook-link material be of the same
    colour?

Thanks, in advance.
    I may be old, but I ain't dead yet.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Colour

As long as my hooklink and main line are as unobtrusive as possible I don't think it matters whether they are the same colour.

Most of my hooklinks are virtually colourless anyway.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

I'd be interested to get your thoughts on Daiwa Sensor, Slap, as I bought some 6lb strain which pretty quickly convinced me that the best place for it was my garden incinerator and NOT on spools.

I may have just been unlucky but it kinked and all sorts. Awful stuff. I actually ended up doing some gardening and filling the incinerator and, like some latter day Matthew Hopkins, swiftly organised a public burning.

You've got me worried now, dorsetandchub.

I bought a bulk spool of 4lb b/s, with 3000m on it. I keep imagining the size of the birds nest.
    I may be old, but I ain't dead yet.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by dorsetandchub View Post
    I'd be interested to get your thoughts on Daiwa Sensor, Slap, as I bought some 6lb strain which pretty quickly convinced me that the best place for it was my garden incinerator and NOT on spools.

I may have just been unlucky but it kinked and all sorts. Awful stuff. I actually ended up doing some gardening and filling the incinerator and, like some latter day Matthew Hopkins, swiftly organised a public burning.
    My sentiments precisely, Phil. I know a lot of people rate and use Sensor but as far as I'm concerned it is right up there with the worst mono ever foisted upon the angling public. Granted it is cheap and handy for repairing fences but its all downhill from there. Awful bloody stuff.....a public burning is too good for it.

Just my opinion though. I spooled up with some once and it never made bankside....stripped it straight off and buried it at a crossroads .

As for colour...no,I don't think mainline and hooklink need match and I like a line that's unobtrusive too just in case it makes a differnce. For me that means clear or pale green. I don't like dark lines at all. Sensor comes in clear I believe but the one I see mor often than not is as near black as makes no odds. I wouldn't use it on colour alone.
    Last edited by S-Kippy; 27-05-2015 at 21:17.

I've bought some and use it as backing line but not for anything else
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

I use daiwa sensor in 4, 6 and 8lb and I use Guru n-gage for the hooklinks. N-gage is clear, no colour and is good enough Steve Ringer so I 'spose I can make do with it.

3000m !! Ye Gods, that's one a helluva lot of spec line..............Still, perhaps you could off load it to someone about to fish the Mariana Trench, via ebay.............? ( add a winky smilie here ! )

It's not exciting, and I doubt it comes in 3000m spools, but Maxima Chameleon takes a lot of beating as a reliable all-rounder. ( IMHO )

I've taken a chance on offering this as an alternative as it wasn't your original question, but being a good chap I'm throwing it in for free....................Good colour as well !
    Last edited by Tee-Cee; 28-05-2015 at 05:46.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by Tee-Cee View Post
    ...................Good colour as well !
    You think ? This is another dark line...strong,better behaved than Sensor but quite thick compared to some. OK when its pinned to a dark lake bed but give me a clear line anyday.

Handy for towing destroyers.

' dark lake bed ' is where it's at......

Need to be careful not to highjack the OP thread, but your ' clear line ' is.... ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast