Thoughts anyone ?

cassey

Reaction score
My “Thoughts “ would get me banned. Watched part 2 as well. Sick.

Even worse, it looks like a lake I fish….

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Wonder what difference it would have made if it had been salmon on Lord or Duke of Somebody's Land? No point in thinking about it as our neo liberal regime and their pointless police will never prosecute in these circumstances.

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
That is truly awful.

I am not a violent person by nature, but if I were to witness that first hand then I would be happy to make an exception.

jake182

Reaction score
That is awful, watching that made me angry, it's disgraceful,

john step

Reaction score
I am afraid there a lot of numb nuts about like this that shouldn't pollute the gene pool.

I have an uncomfortable feeling that this reminds me of some of the photos I have seen of catches in the Uk in the 40's(?) or earlier.

cassey

Reaction score
Therefore I shall not watch it, but why does'nt someone Email it to the appropriate PC Brigade and Authorities with a detailed explanation.

I’m afraid it wouldn’t achieve anything, it's 3 years old. Inland Fisheries Ireland wouldn’t bother their arse. I’ve seen fish poaching video’s on Face book with car reg. plates openly visible, a link was sent to IFI and they did nothing. Mistreating fish wouldn’t get a raised eyebrow, they’re paper tigers. At least the fish were returned and not BBQ’d on the bank.

greenie62

Reaction score
... this reminds me of some of the photos I have seen of catches in the Uk in the 40's(?) or earlier.

Agreed John,
but I would have said more reminiscent of 60s-70s when the Irish Angling tourism boom started and bags of 100+lb were spread across the green-green banks of loughs to show the size, variety and ease of fishing in Ireland! :eek:
Perhaps these guys were doing a Lithuanian version of 'Wish you were here'!
Truly apalling disregard for fish and their welfare.

rubio

Reaction score
Agreed John,
but I would have said more reminiscent of 60s-70s when the Irish Angling tourism boom started and bags of 100+lb were spread across the green-green banks of loughs to show the size, variety and ease of fishing in Ireland! :eek:

I thought it was a scene from the 70's. Culture takes a while to change.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Thoughtful application of a 1000 volt Megga would be a rather useful education tool i think ...

There is at least one apprentice that will never take a leak on the side of a tin hut again :wh .

(PS no it was not me )

PG ...

cg74

Reaction score
Agreed John,

"60's-70's" maybe that was the peak for scenes like the one shown on the video but it was still very common place all through the 80's and well into 90's, in fact Google images suggests it's not rare even now and in the main by English anglers!

Thoughts anyone? - What bait?

benny samways

Reaction score
What bait? A carefully worded reply highlighting how quick people are to judge.

As Cg says, that was very common to see in IYCF and AT, AM well into the 90's.

Those images used to be inspiring to lads like me looking at the magazines on the bus to school, now they make people want to commit serious acts of violence!

What has happened to this most gentle of past times?

rubio

Reaction score
At least back in those good ol' days no-one would have been wandering away from their rods with a bait in the water. Never saw a fish sawn thro by braid either.

cg74

Reaction score
At least back in those good ol' days no-one would have been wandering away from their rods with a bait in the water. Never saw a fish sawn thro by braid either.

Leaving unattended baited rods has been practiced by some for 30+ years. I first witnessed it in the early 80's, simply open balearm and pull a loop of line between your rod handle and a rubber band....

I've never seen a fish sawn through by braid but damage caused by knotted net mesh, I've seen that...

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

What has happened to this most gentle of past times?

A liberal helping of xenophobia combined with a large dose of rose tinted glasses.