Angling blogs

laguna

Reaction score
I must be in a different world then as i'd rather read something that it is well written with character and enthusiasm, who cares if the author is a nobody. The 'How did you get on' thread' is the most read and most posted on here by a mile and it gives us all a chance to be Isaac Walton if only for a few paragraphs.

Isaac Walton didn't inspire originality or provide technical or instructional?
I'm pretty sure he did; the use of the live worm, the grasshopper and the frog.

Nothing wrong with enthusiasm and good writing ability, I quite like to read biographies, but blogs are mostly diary events.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Some Blogs are very good, very professional and some are not.

But in my humble opinion, most are entered in with a love fishing at their heart.

A mix of fishing reports, information, bit's and pieces, personal successes, venue reports, different styles of fishing and decent pictures are the main criteria I look for in a Blog.

It's far to easy to knock the " Bloggers " by some poster who could not or would not hold a candle to their efforts !!

Bob

theartist

Reaction score
Even if it is someone's diary and it's well written what's wrong with that?

Lets face it us anglers are an understated bunch and we kind of self regulate each other as any cockyness is soon put in check which isn't a bad thing. Those who endeavour to achieve a target or reach one are well received especially if it's one the reader can associate with.

I got fed up pretty quickly on facebook when I kept reading how my sister woke up late and missed a bus, my ex has a new iron, or my niece hasn't done her room, you know how it is. So it's safe to say even the most mundane fishing adventure can be very appealing with little effort needed by the author compared to nothingness being championed elsewhere. Anyone who takes the effort to be creative and passionate gets a thumbs up from me.