Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Non wiggling Dendrobeanas

Bought some Dendrobeanas from my usual tackle shop that sells good quality gear. Not had much experience with worms but had heard they can wiggle themselves off the hook or mask the point, however neither happened, though the blighters wiggled like hell when I hook ‘em (they don’t like it up them Mr Mainwaring!) but after 5 or so in the water they were lifeless. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? What worms wiggle the longest?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

binka Guest

Default Re: Non wiggling Dendrobeanas

I probably do more worm fishing than any other bait and find dendras to be about the best with lobs not lasting very long at all in my experience.

I know you said they were from a place that sells good gear but it sounds to me like they might be getting on a bit or been allowed to dry out a little, if you don't already do so try nipping a bit off the tail as that usually livens 'em up a bit as well as increasing the attraction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    if you don't already do so try nipping a bit off the tail as that usually livens 'em up a bit
    . . . . not to mention briniging tears to their eyes . . . . . .

Well, it would to you, wouldn't it?

I bet that stings, and would leave a mark too . . . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

im i thinking there's a liquid that you can put on worms that makes them go crazy
    remember a couple of years ago some bloke was putting a liquid on his worms when fishing he told me the name but cannot remember it.
    someone might know , it was some chemical name from my memory...

Get them fresh from Willys worms and keep them moist on the cool garage floor.

binka, Peter, cattyfatty and john, thanks lads for the info.
    Illegitimi non carborundum