Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default Catfish in local park

There is a park local to me where a big catfish has been caught recently. I assume some of the locals must have put them in a few years ago but I wouldnt have thought they would have survived. Surely at this size they must consume an awful lot of the smaller species in the lake so are therefore detrimental to the fishing?

What a Whopper: Amateur angler nets giant catfish at Newsham Park lake - Liverpool Echo

Default Re: Catfish in local park

I find the two following headlines more worrying ' Mum-to-be threatened by masked gang in Aintree pub robbery' and 'Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting two females in Liverpool' it's much safer here in East Yorkshire Catfish in local park

I was wondering how long it would take for this to begin!
    Just a side thought though, arent Jimmy Saville and Peter Sutcliffe from East Yorkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by wagglerdave View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for this to begin!
    Just a side thought though, arent Jimmy Saville and Peter Sutcliffe from East Yorkshire?
    No......................
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by wagglerdave View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for this to begin!..
    Eh la', calm down, calm down, - just walk away - he's not werth it.

Don't worry - yer not on yer own here - dere's a shedload of us on the forum spread round the country to deal with any trouble here!

I'm suprised sumtime hasn't been on about that catfish - he used to fish Newsham before it closed last year - probably one of his old live baits!

Quote Originally Posted by wa1115 View Post
    I find the two following headlines more worrying ' Mum-to-be threatened by masked gang in Aintree pub robbery' and 'Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting two females in Liverpool'
    Pretty certain those headlines could be found in any local paper covering an inner city area. Certainly not as bad as the grooming of teenage girls which has happened across the country, including Yorkshire (and Birmingham)

I find your comments a little "off thread"

Ian
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Banter! Catfish in local park

Fair play, sometimes gets taken personally though
    Last edited by itsfishingnotcatching; 20-07-2015 at 22:31.
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”