Where has the summer gone

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well maggot wants to go drown a few maggots today but ye gads where did i hide me thermals , Talk about chilly . :eek:

No doubt we are going to be told yet another hottest since records began lie shortly , Global warming my aunt fanny as like .

Freeze me bits of later see what i catch today .. :)

PG ..

flightliner

Reaction score
Its perfect. Well so says my daughter who's just come home from Italy to escape the 38/40' temperatures.
No joke without expensive aircon.!

wa1115

Reaction score
I had the wood burner roaring at 6 this morning it was chilly first thing. Contemplating a couple of hours chasing Perch later but it's a bit nippy. Maybe i'm a fair weather fisherman.

lambert1

Reaction score
Well here in the sunny south east it has been hot and dry for some time and the rivers are low. Hoping last night's deluge has freshened things up a bit and increased the depth a bit in some swims:D

wes79

Reaction score
Yes, a bit chilly in the evenings especially the other night I was without my hoodie and I felt the chill quite bad, weirdo July this year.

tincatim

Reaction score
Up here it dropped to 12 degrees last night, I'll be honest that is not cold! Still warm enough to have the windows open and still warm enough to go fishing in a t-shirt.

That said though I hope we get some more proper sun soon

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I put the heating back on at 5am this morning as it was ruddy freezing here in Wiltshire.

Grey sky and raining now with a fair old wind too. A day to sit and watch Sky Sports methinks . . . . . . . .

Maybe I'll take a look at some warmer weather options for a week off in the near future too.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well the answer to the what i caught bit is easy 2 tiny chuffin Roach sardine sized , and everyone else fishing the same piece of canal was having the same sort of catch .

So i hope to be out again today we will see got other things to attend to first like washing ect :mad: me & housework do not make good friends .

PG ..

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Well, Mon, Tues and probably Wednesday don't look too dusty either and anyway, I'm never too sure if this sudden influx of rain is such a good thing. Yes, the water looks very fresh and ' clean ' but as to suddenly improving the fishing, the jury is always out !

That said I shall be out all three days with thermals or otherwise, working on the basis that one can always remove unnecessary clobber as temps soar...perhaps rise a couple of degrees is more accurate.

The wife's pleased though, as her water butts are now full and the garden veg will perk up accordingly !!

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
you've had a Dallas moment.............................. been day dreaming in the shower again we haven't really had a summer :p:p:p

We aint had a proper summer for years this global warming stuff i am sure someone has gotten their words muxed up it should be called freeze ya bits off.

PG ..

john step

Reaction score
Its been T shirt weather all the time here in sub tropical Lincolnshire:wh
You are all getting old and your blood is thinning:):):)

terry m

Reaction score
Pig miserable day, not cold but incessant heavy drizzle all day. Fishing not an attractive proposition, no rugby either.

Had to sit down and do my tax returns as there were no excuses left as to why I should not do it....................

Here's hoping for improvements in coming weeks.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
South Bucks, and the sky is just beginning to brighten after a day of solid rain, although this could be wishful thinking...
Not a totally wasted day as the wife persuaded me to visit the Stanley Spencer gallery in Cookham which I accepted, providing I could have a quick look at the Odney backwater afterwards. 2m wide at best, this stream is crawling with roach in the close season, but they depart in a hurry come the 16th, but it was nice to walk it anyway in the light drizzle/coming on heavy rain. Not a fish in sight.......

The Spencer gallery paintings have been replaced with others on loan from other galleries so well worth a look, although his style is certainly not for everyone. This little outing was made all the worthwhile as we found a little teashop in the High street after the stroll, offering good tea and buttered muffins of quality..

I've told the wife she shouldn't expect this sort of expenditure every weekend, though..

Back in time to tie a few hooks for tomorrow, so looking forward to that !