Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shimano Exage 2500 ?

Was thinking about one of these for my light luring,jigging and dropping. But not familiar with the smaller Shimanos.

Anyone care to comment, good/bad?

Apologies if this should be in the " Pred thread", but I thought it would reach a wider audience here.
    Tight lines y'all.

Default Re: Shimano Exage 2500 ?

I bought the Catana 2500 for my wife which is pretty decent reel for the money, (as a fan of Shimano reels my opinion may be slightly biased ).
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I've got one albeit rear drag.I dont use it much but the Exage range are nice, well built reels.....certainly mine is all of that. Spot on for what you have planned I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    I've got one albeit rear drag.I dont use it much but the Exage range are nice, well built reels.....certainly mine is all of that. Spot on for what you have planned I would have thought.

Must be the single handled version!

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    I've got one albeit rear drag.I dont use it much
    Not been seen on the Itchen yet S-Kippy

Any particular reason (or does it have two handles)?
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

I have an Exage 1000 and a 3000 (double handle but they can be swapped around), I've used the 1000 a lot more than the other. I also have a 2500 Super X gtm and a 5000 baitrunner, none have ever let me down.

The 1000 has been around the block more times than Yifter the Shifter with not a cough in sight.

I bought four Nexave 2500FA reels for coaching about twelve years ago and they have had quite a battering at the hands of my students up until my retirement early this year.
    Not a problem and all I did was clean and lightly oil the exterior parts. I can't recommend these reels highly enough, the front drag being very reliable even in inexperienced hands.

I have since given two to a friend and am keeping the remaining two for light lure fishing and drop shotting.

Have the single handed front drag version, and had the rear drag before that.
    Nice reel well built and does the job with no problems.
    In a word " it does what it says on the tin "

If you could stretch yourself a little i'd go for the stradic front or rear drag depending on your preference.

I have the exage 2500 great reel good for light lure fishing mine is about 8 years old and still as good as new

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast