Thames bream

caelan

Reaction score
ALL the rain we have had this week I will be getting down to the river thames
first thing in the morning to bait up tackle up an sit an wait for the first pullround on the feeder hoping its a good size bream then work at it to beat my P B of 10LB

caelan

Reaction score
YES IT IS PETE
AS long as the regatta is not on as it was this time last year far to much noise
for me an the fish but every one to there own I hope it rains tomoz then it may stay quite LOL

wes79

Reaction score
Is there any popular sizes/patterns of hooks for dedicated Bream fishing or does it not matter?

caelan

Reaction score
:w:w:wWES
ALL I use is koram 15inch hook to nylon 6lb with bait stop size 16 barbless
just got in had 10 BREAM 6LB 8OZ LARGEST canbury gardens stretch full up
so I went to Richmond bridge opposite john lewis nice part of the river free parking an free fishing what more do you need an I caught all on sweetcorn
very cheap day out LOL

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
From an awful lot of Thames experience I can state with absolute confidence that the best method and tactics for catching Thames bream is, without a doubt, to go barbel fishing ;)

wes79

Reaction score
:w:w:wWES
ALL I use is koram 15inch hook to nylon 6lb with bait stop size 16 barbless
just got in had 10 BREAM 6LB 8OZ LARGEST canbury gardens stretch full up
so I went to Richmond bridge opposite john lewis nice part of the river free parking an free fishing what more do you need an I caught all on sweetcorn
very cheap day out LOL

I would be well happy with that myself, fair old size disk is that mate :)

From an awful lot of Thames experience I can state with absolute confidence that the best method and tactics for catching Thames bream is, without a doubt, to go barbel fishing ;)

hehe I'm learning why people call them a nuisance fish now, I think there is some fishy paradox here, I can't seem to find them on my rivers, plenty of sightings from members on the bank etc

I want to catch one and every place is full of damn Barbel and soddin Chub :( :D bloody pests man.

caelan

Reaction score
HA HA GEOFF
I am done with barbell/chubb for a bit need to get my P.B for bream
up to around 11lb/12lb mark every one to there own

tryanythingtwice

Reaction score
When did they move Richmond Bridge 4 miles upstream? 11/12lb bream should be easy enough after all the carp anglers only ever catch doubles and every chub is a 6iber:D

caelan

Reaction score
WERE abouts is the john lewis by the river thames then an I was opposite BROWNS restaurant may be I got the bridge name wrong them carp boys weigh every bream/chubb they yank in YER RIGHT

tryanythingtwice

Reaction score
Caelan, The bridge in the area you describe is Kingston, if you're on the other side of the river, facing John Lewis, you're in Hampton Wick.

Some, but certainly not all, of the Thames carp anglers talk a right load of b@%**&@s with regard to the size of fish other than carp they've caught. These fish are seldom weighed, though as with most bits of the Thames there are genuine big fish there. If you told them that every carp you caught was 30lb I can imagine what their reaction would be.

Good luck with your quest for a big bream, if you follow Geoffs advice you won't go far wrong, especially if you use pellets...