PaSC Events September

Reaction score
None officially planned but a fish in is pencilled in for 27th September if there is enough interest.

Same place - Damflask Reservoir.

Same result predicted - nowt much.

A bit later than usual, so maybe worth a go for the pike.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Should be OK Matt unless my second Grandchild is a late arrival, can't you find any rivers in Yorkshire? Watching a float move might be different, even if it is only with the current:)

Didn't Derek Gibson reckon the Pike had gone (all bl**dy starved to death or converted to vegan)

Reaction score
Dates2.jpg

peterjg

Reaction score
This is a genuine question and I know that I am going to regret asking it but what do the initials "PaSC" stand for?

Reaction score
It is The Port and Stilton Club. Simple as that.

An elitist group of highly accomplished anglers from each side of the Pennines that get together on the bankside and share their love of angling, talk *******s and eat port and Stilton (fruit cake and pork pies have been known to feature).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
peterjg

There is also the delights of handmade Scotch Eggs...all the way from the West Midlands.

Other recent highlights include Coal Cheese....that's genuine and was very very tasty.

There are always a range of exciting and valuable trophies for the winners of the various categories...although extracting the "Butler's bell" from the present holder may be one risk too many!!

Are you interested peterjg.....

the fees are reasonable....so our treasurer tells us....I'm currently in a debtors prison paying mine off (They'll do anything to stop me catching biggest fish yet again)

You're welcome to join us...in the same sense that Jonathan Harker is made welcome by Dracula.

Tally Ho pip,pip

Reaction score
We have Southern members, including Steve King and Itsfishingnotcatching.

You just have to be one of the county's top anglers to join this very exclusive club (oh...and you need enough cash in the bank to afford the joining fee, admin fee, insurance fee, bait surcharge, binary encryption fee, stable maintenance...and annual subs)

what's your favourite cheese?

Reaction score
peterjg

I was born in Wealdstone, grew up in Kent......

and still the Northern devils got me.....be careful they'll pick some very fine cheeses...one bite....and you're doomed, doomed I say......

sam vimes

Reaction score
I appreciate that the PaSC meet isn't all about the fishing. However, surely it must be possible to find a venue that sane people would be prepared to travel to?:confused:;):p

Reaction score
"Sane people"...

..perceptive devil you Sam Vines.....spotted the flaw in our argument straight away.....you'll fit in nicely...bring your cheque book...and some Hawes Wensleydale :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
"Sane people"...

..perceptive devil you Sam Vines.....spotted the flaw in our argument straight away.....you'll fit in nicely...bring your cheque book...and some Hawes Wensleydale :)

It's a kind offer, but until you meet somewhere worthwhile fishing, I'll stay at home with my rubber cheques and easy access to tons of real Wensleydale. I can't afford to go to the LIF fish in either, but it's more likely than me wanting to go to Dam Flask

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
We have Southern members, including Steve King and Itsfishingnotcatching.

Careful Corkers, I'm "Blackcountry" don't get confusing me with those who talk funny:D

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

However, surely it must be possible to find a venue that sane people would be prepared to travel to?

Or one that actually had fish

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

It's a kind offer, but until you meet somewhere worthwhile fishing, I'll stay at home with my rubber cheques and easy access to tons of real Wensleydale.
Wussy.........................................Only easy venues for you then Sam :eek:mg::D

wes79

Reaction score
I couldn't afford one round of drinks in your club :D

Do I need a funny handshake or a apron with Bream slime on it taken from a fish caught on a full moon to enter?

Jokes aside, you guys certainly have a good pool of water between you and some cracking fish in them, I couldn't afford it (I actually checked), I had a look at the water at Delamere as I was working up that way and got chatting to a guy there who explained all the strange rituals the members have to take part in to be accepted into the brotherhood of the Bream (the first stage before reaching the light of the Isotope...the second stage), there is also something about a Gudgeon god that requires a sacrifice every now and again and that's determined by the rite of the groundbait...the story goes that one member of the inner circle of stret-peggers has to divinate the way the groundbait falls on the bottom and reads it like some would read tea leaves at the bottom of a cup.......co-incidentally a past memeber goes missing everytime the ground bait has been read, its been said that the Gudgeon god consumes them (like consumer culture does) :D

Only pulling your leg :D

Last edited:

dangermouse

Reaction score
Do I need a funny handshake or a apron with Bream slime on it taken from a fish caught on a full moon to enter?

The tradition for first timers is a left handed handshake with Spiders. . .

That allows him to nick your wallet with his right hand.