caelan

Reaction score
HI TANGLERS
spent some time looking for a place to fish an stay in a b/b picked out
A1 PITS SOUTH MUSKHAM FISHIRES any one fished the trent on this complex
I must say it looks good and seems ok any news drop me a line in this thread

flightliner

Reaction score
Caelon, You booked in at the ferry boat at Muskham cos if you are the back garden swim will give you a barb or two in the evening.
Any swim on the complex will give you fish, around the A1 bridge is ok but generally all the swims will do it for you.

caelan

Reaction score
:whHI mate
no I have not booked any thing yet but I did look at that ferryboat I was looking at a place called boot an shoe inn or the crown an gurka as both do b/b an meals plus lager cheers all the same

flightliner

Reaction score
:whHI mate
no I have not booked any thing yet but I did look at that ferryboat I was looking at a place called boot an shoe inn or the crown an gurka as both do b/b an meals plus lager cheers all the same
The boot n shoe may be the old Nelson at Sutton, its changed names a few times in the past. If it is its very close to the Barbel soc water on far holme lane.All private above that untill you get above Cromwell wier then its a short day ticket stretch ( sheiles) then a big strech 6ntill you get to the A1 complex.
Some day ticket water below Sutton on the tidal that may be to your liking.

john step

Reaction score
Do a bit of research on Google maps before you go.
I only know about the lower and tidal sections. Look for where you can fish on the outside of a bend. (Unless in flood)
The faster deeper current will be a lot closer to you.
Make sure you cast far enough to clear the rocks which are used to reinforce the banks.
Use substantial tackle. Use enough weight to stay put when it settles or you will be dragged into snags. Allow a 10 yard bow in the line to help prevent this. (Yes 10 yards - really!!)
Take lots of 4/5/6 leads or feeders.
Always have the baitrunner set to avoid rod loss.
Use long hooklengths. Start at 5 feet and increase as necessary.
The barbel fight like demons in the heavy flow and need a lot of recovery time before release.

Look up on You tube Mick Brown and Jan Porter on the tidal Trent.
Also there are chub, bream roach available.