Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    binka Guest

Default Re: ''How important are your fishing pictures''

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    the kids howling with laughter at my hair back in the day
    C'mon Skip get scanning 'em in...

Quote Originally Posted by darren7478 View Post
    I have only recently started to take pictures whilst fishing, not only of my catches, but anything that catches the eye. There isn't much better setting than on the bank, and it's nice to look back and share the images and memory's

Here's one of my most recent pics

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Beautiful shot, Darren. Robins are such affable characters, aren't they?

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Know exactly what you mean about the magic, Skip; it's the main reason why my approach is simpler now in many respects.

Photography adds another complexity, although I've recently taken a shot or two on my phone to add colour to the odd post on here. I'm too bloody clumsy by far to be faffing on with photos; it just invites disaster. Binka will tell you what I mean.

Having said that, I rue the fact that I haven't recorded some of the better catches for posterity.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    Can't be worse than my curly 80s mega-mullet with the obligatory tache.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Yes, I always take a camera with me and photograph any decent fish that come my way, but this more for club websites than anything else....
    I think as one gets older, recording captures becomes less important - almost irrelevant in a way....Far more important is the ability to reach the bank in the first place !

I will admit to proving some folk wrong when they suggest, in a roundabout way that they doubt the capture of a certain fish ( " Nothing of that size ever been caught in this water " etc etc )

Blog Entries

I think Ild agree wioth Tee-Cee inasmuch as when you grow older then the piccies of the actual fish are not so important.

That said it is really good to have record shots of people you have fished with, match groups etc.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

The last editor of FM reckoned I was the worse photographer ever and I rarely if ever got a decent picture of my captures.

But that all changed with digital camera's and it's now easy to take a good picture whilst on your own ?

I like looking at the pictures of my past captures, if only to remind me that getting older does not stop you catching a few fish.

There are of course those who feel no need to take picture of their captures, good luck to them, every one to their own.

Lastly I have a reminder of long lost fish, now in the big pond in the sky, the likes of which we are never likely to see again !!

Bob
    http://www.calmproductions.com/acatalog.com/ospreysg.html#aOSPREY

One thing that has emerged from this thread has been the deviation of my own particular motive for the amassing of over two thousand prints and slides of all aspects of fishing and surroundings.

Originally the sole purpose was to record the capture of notable fish, along with weight, length and girth. With no attempt to conceal swims or surroundings, since there was no intent to publish, so there was no need.

In hindsight how was I to know that I would be capturing scenes that would dramatically change over the next fifty years, or even cease to exist. Or be reminded of long gone friends that were so dear who contributed so much to my fishing, and far more important to me than any fish. Suffice it to say that I have enjoyed my fishing journey immensely, and still do to a much reduced level.

Like Skippy, I still derive much amusement from watching the Grandkids, all adults now, going through my photo albums with puzzled expressions and comments like, ''Nan, is that really Grandad''.

In the unlikely event I catch a fish bigger than any previous ones, my remaining mate, (last of the old team) does carry a camera phone should the need arise.

Quote Originally Posted by darren7478 View Post
    I have only recently started to take pictures whilst fishing, not only of my catches, but anything that catches the eye. There isn't much better setting than on the bank, and it's nice to look back and share the images and memory's

Here's one of my most recent pics

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    That deserves more than a like, one of the best pictures I have ever seen, you should enter that in a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    That deserves more than a like, one of the best pictures I have ever seen, you should enter that in a competition.
    I agree!! That's a fantastic picture.

I like to have a few pictures but I don't take the camera every time I go. I take pictures of notable catches, not only when I catch a big fish (for me) but if it is a fish in particularly good condition or one I haven't caught before. I also have pictures of people I have fished with, some just pleasant surroundings on a small river.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    Not a chance, mate. Way too scary !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast