Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Fishing barrow.

Default Fishing barrow.

I do try to minimise my clutter but there are occasions I use a trolley which has now had its day.
    Those wheel barrow type trollies have caught my attention.
    I am looking for an easily dismantled, sturdy but light one that will fit in a small car.
    Not one of those that look like Sherman Tanks that I have seen in videos.

Anyone with experience/ comments please.

Default Re: Fishing barrow.

preston 4 wheel shuttle. Easily dismantled for small cars but will carry everything including rod quivers.
    Perfect for the more mature of anglers

I use a platform/barrow... they are large, but flat and fit in the car quite well.
    They have the added benefit of being used on steeply sloping banks where a box and footplate could be unstable... they can be used with either a single or double wheels (I use a double wheel set up)

They are not that light but they are very sturdy and come in a range of sizes.... being a confirmed tackle tart, I have the largest, with hindsight, not such a brilliant idea, but they are versatile and can be used as a bait waiter

if you want as well, they will take all the usual accessories with the correct adapters too and the RCT comes with 6 legs as standard so you can fit as many bits and bobs as you want with the added bonus of being ultra stable.
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam....!

Bought a Nash lightweight barrow years ago - it's been sold under various names and guises since then but it's still pretty much the same bit of kit. Chapman's sell them for about £60.
    They fold down to a pretty compact size. It has double wheels that are not designed to be removed when packing away but it can be done. I bought it for those very occasional longer treks where I need a bit more gear or longer stay accessories. It's been great over some pretty horrendous terrain when I've needed it and is still going strong.
    And as Simon diplomatically commented - for the more mature angler it can be a godsend!

I have the Korum trolley that converts the chair into a base to carry tackle bag and rod holdall
    And full take apart (around £50.00)

I bought and used this Shakespeare barrow for the first time this week. At £35 it's right at the budget end of the market and I don't expect it to last many years. With a bit of experimenting I was surprised just how much gear I could get on it. Very light and compact.

I have a Prestige Enginering barrow with the Fat Boy front wheel.

I only use it when carting gear for long sessions (i.e. 2 days or more).

Fits in the car with the handles removed (two large thumb wheels), and will lug a huge amount of kit. The fat wheel is good on rough ground.

About £150, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I bought and used this Shakespeare barrow for the first time this week. At £35 it's right at the budget end of the market and I don't expect it to last many years. With a bit of experimenting I was surprised just how much gear I could get on it. Very light and compact.

Photo snipped as no need to show it twice .
    Keep an eye on the wheele bearings they are just 2 lumps of rubber and wear out alarmingly quick .

Got one lost a wheele on the walk to the peg one day no appy ....

PG ...

Quote Originally Posted by maggot_dangler View Post
    Keep an eye on the wheele bearings they are just 2 lumps of rubber and wear out alarmingly quick .

Got one lost a wheele on the walk to the peg one day no appy ....

PG ...
    Thanks for the tip, doesn't surprise me, might have a look at these rubber bushes and see if I can upgrade them.

Thanks for all the replies. I am off for a few days on the Hants Avon and will research all when I return.
    ( The Avon is on my bucket list )