Thanks Thanks:  63
Likes Likes:  553
Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1066
    Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Default Re: Bargains. Let us know.

I'm not a massive fan of a lot of the stuff in Decathlon but if you hunt around there is some good gear in there. I can highly recommend their skiing baselayer top which is quite brilliant to wear as ( der) a baselayer and is a bargain at £3.99. Washes well and keeps its shape too. I was so impressed I went and got another one and I am not easily impressed as you well know.

Sizing is a bit on the small side so I bought a size up. Perfick.

NEW Stillwater Thermal Moon Boot With Lining 8/9 TF-1121-8/9

VERY warm traditional fishing moon boots. Bargain at £11.40 delivered. Put the above into ebay or go on Angling Direct website. Definitely recommend. Size 8/9 only. I suffer with cold feet more than most and these with extra good socks pretty much sort things whereas other boots described as warm fail miserably. Skeetex are the only other ones that have worked for me but these are massively cheaper. (I'm a size 7 shoe and pad these out with socks, still room left for me.)
    Last edited by markv; 15-12-2019 at 16:21.
    Whitnash Royals A.C.

Quote Originally Posted by markv View Post
    NEW Stillwater Thermal Moon Boot With Lining 8/9 TF-1121-8/9

VERY warm traditional fishing moon boots. Bargain at £11.40 delivered. Put the above into ebay or go on Angling Direct website. Definitely recommend. Size 8/9 only. I suffer with cold feet more than most and these with extra good socks pretty much sort things whereas other boots described as warm fail miserably. Skeetex are the only other ones that have worked for me but these are massively cheaper. (I'm a size 7 shoe and pad these out with socks, still room left for me.)
    If you’re up for a more traditional boot that is very warm, have a look at the Savage Gear ones that are well padded and lined by Thinsulate. I prefer them to welly type boots like Moons or Skeetex. They are higher than the ankle, have three Velcro fastening straps and are totally waterproof. Not the cheapest but I’ve had mine for 5 yrs so they have paid for themselves at around a tenner a year.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    That is a proper bargain. Great little reels the Ninjas.

There are no Cash Generators round here. I shouldn't really be surprised I suppose.
    I haven't seen any around oxford either .I will call in the one in warrington and northwich when I am up that way I have found that cash generator does better bargains, cash converter can be more or less tackle shop price in warrington, they don't like when you tell them. Best bargain from cash generator the other year was a mitchell otomatic, and a shakespeare seat box with side trays and top box plus octopus leg system. Got both for £15 , needless to say I sold them on. I have seen greys rods and shimano 10000 reels in the one at northwich, reels were £20 and rods £35

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    I haven't seen any around oxford either .I will call in the one in warrington and northwich when I am up that way I have found that cash generator does better bargains, cash converter can be more or less tackle shop price in warrington, they don't like when you tell them. Best bargain from cash generator the other year was a mitchell otomatic, and a shakespeare seat box with side trays and top box plus octopus leg system. Got both for £15 , needless to say I sold them on. I have seen greys rods and shimano 10000 reels in the one at northwich, reels were £20 and rods £35
    There’s a decent enough Shimano 3000 size reel in the one in Northwich for £14.99. Not bothered with it as I’m taking a Christmas sabbatical from eBay. I’ve found they’ll take an offer on stuff if you tell them it’s not quite right as they haven’t got a clue about fishing tackle. There was a nice MAP Matchtek 13/17ft rod in there for £25 but it was missing a ring on the tip section and the rings have blue liners. Couldn’t be ar$ed doing it up so I think it’s still there.

Cadence have a couple of promotions in the run up to Christmas.
    There's a 2 for price of 1 on one of the reels and a free reel with any rod purchased.
    I've just ordered a 13' #3 feeder rod with a free CS5 reel, all for £130.

That’s the second promotion Cadence have done in a very short time, think they are struggling for market share?

Honestly don't know their marketing strategy but I was seeing quite a few of their rods on the upper Trent, Warks Avon and Severn until they all started to flood towards late October. I think they usually have a few special offers around Christmas, as do the likes of BobCo and other on-line retailers.

That looks to be the best use of a wooden reel I've seen.