Bargains. Let us know.

nottskev

Reaction score
It's nice when you get a bit of useful fishing clothing via a tip for a bargain, but buying online or untried-on (Lidl and Aldi don't have changing rooms) is always risky as sizing can be way different between brands. Hanging next to my PTFE-textured Aldi bib n brace is an old hardly used Fishrite bib n brace. It's a nice soft-shell type of thing, fleece-lined, but is ridiculously long, concertina-ing up and dragging in the mud. As my day is packed with incident and excitement, I just ran a tape over it, and the inside leg's actually short - under 29" - but the body is unbelievably long and the crotch is round your knees. Free to any 6' 9" blokes with little legs.

My ts has a room with just clothes and luggage, and for very little extra cost you can get stuff that actually fits.

Nice idea with the cycle clips, Mike.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
those wee tackle bags are great, i got the same one from decathlon when i was on holiday in portugal a few years back used it for drop shotting, still going strong with no issues

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Both Gordon and I have the Crane jacket and bib and brace from Aldi and they are excellent value and well made . I would definitely buy another set if and when they wear out. The trousers are too long but then I’m short in the leg. They have a zip on each leg so shortening them isn’t really on.
That's the same as what the lads I know have , and some of these are fishing a couple of days a week and at weekends ,

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks for saying Seth, I popped into my local Aldi this morning and purchased the bait tub/s the large maggot tub is really good, a well fitting lid with sensible sized holes big enough to prevent maggots from sweating and going "off".
I did look at the wellies too but the ones I have are new so will probably wait untill next time!

mikench

Reaction score

Daiwa D Carp Match Pellet Waggler Rod 10ft​

Was £42.99
MyAD
£29.99
Worth a punt for Kevin aka aethalbald

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
The Tackle Box at Dartford have some Berkley lure rods on special offer. They are between £26 and £28 each. RRP of about £90 and on sale at other places for around £70. I bought a 1-8g model and they look a very tidy bit of kit for the money.
This the one I bought but they have a range of different models.