Bargains. Let us know.

seth49

Reaction score
Well - what d'ya expect in this weather - I'm sure it'll get better as the weather improves! :D

I hope the Aldi sale has some of the long socks it had last year - highly recommended - particularly for those, like me, with big feet, - sizes 12-14, knee length, padded soles, warm! Ideal for fishing!

Like these are they
from Aldi! Wader Twist Wool Fishing Socks for just £3.99. Check it out: https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/073038126685700

davebhoy

Reaction score
Yesterday I wore the ski socks (silk and merino mix) snood and mitten/fingerless gloves that I picked up in aldi on Thursday. I was also wearing the neoprene wellies I bought from there last winter

All good gear at very good prices. I've been on a bit of a quest for the perfect sock this weekend winter, and I do get sweaty feet, the aldi socks with some big thermal socks make for a fine combination

stripey

Reaction score
On sale today 15/1/17 at Aldi, all in on fleece under suit, for £14.99, just bought one,very warm, seem good quality, with full length ykk zip, also on sale fleece jackets, waterproof oversuits, and neoprene wellies , all at good prices.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the neoprene wellies from Aldi, 19.99. If they last me just one full winter season then they will be as good as the 'quality' boots I have been wearing, for which I paid very high prices and did NOT get 'what I paid for'.

mikench

Reaction score
I will give that one amiss Sam! Having said that I have a burnt orange " trout bum" fishing jacket from Orvis which I do not use for fishing; it's too nice!

chrissh

Reaction score
Won on eBay 2 X Shimano Baitrunner DL 2500FB Fishing Reels £60 free p&p

rsz_s-l16001.jpg

View image in gallery

Dennis Martin

Reaction score
Lets see if we can get an ongoing thread in a similar vein to the how did you get on thread.

I'll kick off with this. No idea if they are any good, but three for the price of one has to be a bargain in anyone's book.

Sports Direct have a fishing equipment sale on today, I've had a quick look bed chairs, landing net etc. etc. all dirt cheap.

bullet

Reaction score
I bought a discounted reel from them about 2 years ago, it had this really strange smell when i got it.....like strong mothballs....it still smells of it now! God knows what it had been dropped in.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy anything from SD on principle. Cant stand the shop or the bloke that owns it.

Yep quite agree Skip, no way would I ever buy cheap and nasty fishing gear from there especially seeming that it's indorsed by divy Robson Green :eek:hno:

bullet

Reaction score
Dunlop....?!!!

No, they make tyres and wellies.

I wouldn't buy a car made by Shakespeare....

ken more

Reaction score
I bought a discounted reel from them about 2 years ago, it had this really strange smell when i got it.....like strong mothballs....it still smells of it now! God knows what it had been dropped in.

Probably dropped in Moths Balls:eek::)

seth49

Reaction score
from Aldi! Adventuridge Folding Bowls for just £2.99. Check it out: https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/076506144561000

Picked a couple of these up in aldi today, they should be handy for mixing some ground bait in, they fold down nearly flat, and there about four inch deep when opened, thinking of drilling some fine holes in one to drain pellets off, when they have been soaked.?

Sent from my iPad

flightliner

Reaction score
Sale at Boundary mills, Neoprene lined wellies £22.A few years yet before mine wear out but you never know, new pair laid away in garage.