Bargains. Let us know.

robtherake

Reaction score
Young's Ray Walton Barbel Rod, 1.6lb (Mk 2) at less than half of usual RRP. £36.99 at Fishing Hut online.

Designed for rolling meat, with a softish action, although the pair I have on order will be used mainly for short/medium range stillwater work. They seem to be well-regarded, according to various forum posts. The Mk1 had a poor reel seat that - ironically - wouldn't accept Young's own reels :eek:mg: This has been rectified in the Mk2 version, but there's still some old stock out there, so be careful when buying from this range.

https://www.fishinghut.net/brands/j_w_youngs/jw_youngs_1lb_6oz_ray_walton_rod.htm

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Not worth the RRP, but for thirty quid it's not bad at all.;)

Her indoors has begun to notice the smell emanating from my old favourite Preston Drifish jacket, which, to be fair, has seen better days, so this was extremely timely. You just got me a heap of brownie points! At this price it's still cheap even if it only lasts a season or two. Good call. :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've got what they call their quiver Skip, amazing quality as you'd expect and padded and lined throughout but I wouldn't class it as a quiver as you can easily get four tubed rods in the centre compartment along with a brolly and landing net pole in the long outside pocket and all your banksticks etc in the shorter one.

More of a cabriolet type of rod holdall in my opinion, still very useful but too bulky to be a quiver.

The true rod holdall looks to be almost identical but longer so that tubes can be fully zipped in, I think the main compartment is also sectioned to take made up rods.

The smuggler holdall is a very nice piece of kit as is the large holdall which is wide enough to take the largest size Drennan Super Specimen landing net in the outside pocket as well as a keepnet (if needed) or other things such as coats etc and it's long and slim which makes it really easy to carry over the shoulder through dense undergrowth without getting wedged or caught up on stuff and hanging yourself :)
That link calls the item in question a quiver but it does look a bit big so I'm hesitating now. I don't particularly need one but at that price it is tempting.....if only to wind Big Phil up . I've several quiver type things but none of them are quite right if you know what I mean.....which I'm sure you do as a fellow fusspot .

Keith M

Reaction score
Got some nice bits and pieces from 'one pound fishing tackle' at £1 per item including a knife sharpener, some line, some hooks, some carp surface floats & some sea rigs & bits etc.

There's lots of other bargains including float sets, landing net heads, rod rest heads, bait droppers, Lines, ready made up pole floats etc. etc. and all for only a pound for each item or set.

One Pound Fishing Tackle | End of Line Clearance Deals

I bought £10 of items and they came in a nice presentation box covered with fish pictures, so they could be a nice little pressie for under the christmas tree LOL

Keith

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Got some nice bits and pieces from 'one pound fishing tackle' at £1 per item including a knife sharpener, some line, some hooks, some carp surface floats & some sea rigs & bits etc.

There's lots of other bargains including float sets, landing net heads, rod rest heads, bait droppers, Lines, ready made up pole floats etc. etc. and all for only a pound for each item or set.

I bought £10 of items and they came in a nice presentation box covered with fish pictures, so they could be a nice little pressie for under the christmas tree LOL

Keith

I'll second this. At least six pals of mine have spent a tenner or more at this site and everyone is very pleased with it. Some have made a second purchase just to get another box! :)

robtherake

Reaction score

Keith

Some great stuff on here, and not all budget crud either.

Someone was asking recently about buoyant leads:

http://www.onepoundfishingtackle.co.../07/CO31-Middy-30-Plus-Bouyant-Leder-Copy.jpg

And cap lights:

DAM 5 LED Clip on Cap Light. - One Pound Fishing Tackle

There's also a Dinsmore bait dropper and a smaller (2") metal-bodied model amongst plenty of other bargains.

Thanks, Keith. :)

seth49

Reaction score
Men’s/Ladies’ Merino Thermal Top/Long Johns from December 3, 2015 at ALDI. More at https://aldi.in/bn7l.

Sent from my iPad
These are supposed to be good in cold weather.

seth49

Reaction score
Men’s/Ladies’ Merino Thermal Top/Long Johns from December 3, 2015 at ALDI. More at https://aldi.in/bn7l.

Don't know what happened there, first post didn't show then they both appear.??????

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
Silvercrest Selfie Remote Control Button - Thursday, 10.12. - Lidl UK

Gadget for taking self photos on your phone. ie remote control.

That looks useful. I durstn't take me good camera to the waterside, for it's sure to get Binka'd. On second thoughts, if I got one of these things I'd probably leave me phone sticking up somewhere nice and handy as a gift for the next passer-by. :D

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Hey Seth,
You didn't used to work for the local bus company - didya? :D

That horrible moment when you go "Ta daa!" and no-one gets it. :confused:
I did, BTW. Did you think I was that stupid? :D

robtherake

Reaction score
Ever heard of Oakwood? No, me neither, until coming across this item on Amazon.

The ad's for an 11ft 1.75lb twin-tip barbel rod for £24.95

From the feedback, it's well balanced with a softish action, stiffening up towards the blunt end. One guy mentioned that it's ticketed at £80 and judging by the comments it's a steal at £25.

Cast tha peepers across this:

OAKWOOD 11ft Avon Style Twin Tip Barbel Fishing Rod 1.75lb T/C With Cloth Bag: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FDcXKHRKL.@@AMEPARAM@@31FDcXKHRKL

Here's the full range of rods and rod-related items, as offered on Amazon:

Amazon.co.uk: oakwood fishing rods: Sports & Outdoors

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

The Oakwood carryalls look like good value, too. This one's just £12. For a couple of quid more there's a leafy camo example:

fishing tackle LARGE GREEN CARRYALL (903)...what a great christmas: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qnnkEWYvL.@@AMEPARAM@@41qnnkEWYvL

Last edited: