Thanks Thanks:  57
Likes Likes:  499
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bargains. Let us know.

I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam....!

I have NEVER seen a decent bit of kit advertised online for significantly less than my local tackle shop is asking. Pennies at a push.
    What I do see online and in the catalogues that come with the rags I occasionally buy are wildly delusional rrps and an assumption that anglers are a bit thick.

Blog Entries

www.lastminute-auction.com/uk/ is sometimes worth a look allsorts of stuff not just fishing tackle.
    Last edited by thecrow; 06-10-2015 at 09:01.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

I know that the general opinion on fishing brand clothing isn't the best, often with good reason. However, at the price, here's a couple of items that might be worth a look.

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com...-winter-jacket

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com...o-jacket-large

I've got all the clothing I need but that first Shimano has to be an absolute bargain, Sam.

binka Guest

I appreciate it might be a bit of a niche market but if you're a Hardy fan just check out the prices on the luggage...

Search results for: marksman – Glasgow Angling Centre

Needless to say I've had a dib and took delivery today, if only to duplicate what I've already got should it ever wear out

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    I know that the general opinion on fishing brand clothing isn't the best, often with good reason. However, at the price, here's a couple of items that might be worth a look.

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com...-winter-jacket

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com...o-jacket-large
    Thanks for that, Sam. Just ordered one
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Fox Bob James BJ-5 Centre Pin - Billy Clarke Fishing Tackle

Angling kryptonite on the back, but it's still a decent enough reel. They've generally sold for more than this second hand.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Fox Bob James BJ-5 Centre Pin - Billy Clarke Fishing Tackle

Angling kryptonite on the back, but it's still a decent enough reel. They've generally sold for more than this second hand.
    Ha ha ha ...love it ! I'd be on that with the wire wool double sharp ! Good deal though.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    I appreciate it might be a bit of a niche market but if you're a Hardy fan just check out the prices on the luggage...

Search results for: marksman – Glasgow Angling Centre

Needless to say I've had a dib and took delivery today, if only to duplicate what I've already got should it ever wear out
    I'm liking the look of that rod holdall. You got one ?

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    I'm liking the look of that rod holdall. You got one ?
    I've got what they call their quiver Skip, amazing quality as you'd expect and padded and lined throughout but I wouldn't class it as a quiver as you can easily get four tubed rods in the centre compartment along with a brolly and landing net pole in the long outside pocket and all your banksticks etc in the shorter one.

More of a cabriolet type of rod holdall in my opinion, still very useful but too bulky to be a quiver.

The true rod holdall looks to be almost identical but longer so that tubes can be fully zipped in, I think the main compartment is also sectioned to take made up rods.

The smuggler holdall is a very nice piece of kit as is the large holdall which is wide enough to take the largest size Drennan Super Specimen landing net in the outside pocket as well as a keepnet (if needed) or other things such as coats etc and it's long and slim which makes it really easy to carry over the shoulder through dense undergrowth without getting wedged or caught up on stuff and hanging yourself
    Last edited by binka; 25-11-2015 at 21:42.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast