Bargains. Let us know.

Philip

Reaction score
This may only be of interest to me, but I'll post it anyway. I've owned the previous model Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom (S4 based) phone/camera mash up for about a year now. It's a bit strange and a bit lumpy, but it works rather well and takes good photos. The vast bulk of the photos I post have been taken with it. I got it cheap because they were mostly ignored by the big phone retailers and most people don't even know they exist. The much slimmed down and less lumpy S5 version, the Galaxy K Zoom has been exactly the same. It's also beginning to be sold off cheap. I can well understand why many would shy away from them, but I suspect that there might be the odd angler out there that might find them as useful as I have. No need to take a separate proper camera for decent pics or have to accept inferior pics from a normal phone.

Samsung Galaxy K Zoom SM-C115 4.8" 8GB Unlocked Android 4G Smartphone Black | eBay

Just compare and contrast how much a standard Galaxy S5 would cost to buy. Second hand S5 Minis tend to cost around £200.

Just out of interest, how are you handling the self take aspect with it ?

I ask as I am considering swapping from my current camera setup (Camera with swivel screen + infra red remote so you can frame yourself & take the photo remotely) to using an Iphone which you can get a remote self take button for ...this would be as you say allot easier to carry about & the photo quality nowadays seems pretty good on smart phones so its becoming a viable option..

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Just out of interest, how are you handling the self take aspect with it ?

I ask as I am considering swapping from my current camera setup (Camera with swivel screen + infra red remote so you can frame yourself & take the photo remotely) to using an Iphone which you can get a remote self take button for ...this would be as you say allot easier to carry about & the photo quality nowadays seems pretty good on smart phones so its becoming a viable option..

It's only just arrived, so I've no idea just yet. However, I tend not to try self-takes, even with my Canon G12 with remote and/or smile recognition:eek:. The S4 Zoom has a tripod screw thread, the (S5) K Zoom doesn't. I believe the K Zoom has smile recognition and a timer for self-takes, but don't quote me on that. I'm not entirely certain what the S4 Zoom had in this respect, possibly the same, but I never tried to use either.

Philip

Reaction score
It's only just arrived, so I've no idea just yet. However, I tend not to try self-takes, even with my Canon G12 with remote and/or smile recognition:eek:. The S4 Zoom has a tripod screw thread, the (S5) K Zoom doesn't. I believe the K Zoom has smile recognition and a timer for self-takes, but don't quote me on that. I'm not entirely certain what the S4 Zoom had in this respect, possibly the same, but I never tried to use either.

The smile recognition (assuming this means it takes the photo when you smile) sounds spot on for anglers....avoids having to try and press a tiny button on a infra red remote with slimy fingers whilst holding a flapping fish.

If someone makes a phone sized camera with forward facing lens, self timer with smile recognition and screw thread adapater and a good picture quality that would be just about spot on I recon. Be nice if it could be waterproof too but perhaps thats asking a bit too much. :)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Phillip: most iphone camera apps have a timer delay with a 'burst' option. That's what I use on the rare occasion I need to take a selfie when alone with a decent fish. If you get an iphone 6 I think the camera options are almost boundless.
You will need a gripper for it though, to attach to a bank stick or mini tripod (I got one in the £1 shop) - leaning it against a seat or whatever don't seem to work too well.

Philip

Reaction score
Phillip: most iphone camera apps have a timer delay with a 'burst' option. That's what I use on the rare occasion I need to take a selfie when alone with a decent fish. If you get an iphone 6 I think the camera options are almost boundless.
You will need a gripper for it though, to attach to a bank stick or mini tripod (I got one in the £1 shop) - leaning it against a seat or whatever don't seem to work too well.

Sounds good. The gripper sounds interesting ...I have one of those silly little plastic stands which are next to useless for fishing purposes so I'll kep my eye out for one. Thanks Geoff.

seth49

Reaction score
Aldi have a selection of fishing clothing coming to there stores from Sunday 17th January.

There's some neoprene Wellingtons amongst other things.

laguna

Reaction score
Special offer use code: HAPPY5BD for 70% off selected SAC™ juice extracts... :w

single%20bottle%20SAC(100x255).png

SAC™ juice SPECIALS!, LAGUNA Fishing Products

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Eric's Angling still sending emails out offering 15% discounts...although this probably mentioned before by others.............

Always been good for me for online sales.

theartist

Reaction score
Been told they're bargains so will mention them here.

My fishing portraits are on special offer at the moment and at £35 are a total bargain - Just type 'Fishing portrait' into ebay to view

I am also looking for good cat and dog pictures which will only be £30 on the proviso that I can use the image on my pet portrait page. Pm me for details.

Cheers
Rob

sumtime

Reaction score
While my wife was on an errand for our daughter, I popped into Cash Converters across the road, grabbed one of these for £3...... £3:00p? a bargain. :)

$_1.JPG

sumtime

Reaction score
I had a look at that big box (not my neighbour's :)), Mike, a while back in Go Outdoors, Rimrose Rd, the locking clips were stiff which put me off. I tried the other NGT multi rig today and they were rather stiff too, the £3 one was fine.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Simply Fishing Tackle offering the last few days of ' sales ' at up to 40% discount online.....looks like loads of stuff so might be worth a gander !

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Steve2020

Reaction score
While my wife was on an errand for our daughter, I popped into Cash Converters across the road, grabbed one of these for £3...... £3:00p? a bargain. :)

$_1.JPG
I've got one of these, it's a superb rig box. The weak point for me is the plastic catches but I'm guessing if I'm careful with it it'll last me a fair old time.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited: