Bargains. Let us know.

mikench

Reaction score
Another vote for the Lidl mini chopper! Bluntly without this I just wouldn't be bothered bringing out the magimix to make liquidised bread and all those lovely roach would have gone begging!!!!:)

mikench

Reaction score
I popped into my local AD store this morning for maggots and they had an offer on of 2 Daiwa Emcast 4500 reels for £70.

They are an excellent reel for the money so a bargain if you need two!

dave m

Reaction score
The tf gear compact commercial 10' 2.5lb rod, item number TFG-COMP-004 is now on special offer at Chapmans Angling for £25...
I went into go outdoors to buy one for £30 with my discount card and asked the guy to check online, he found the price at chapmans, and so they also knocked another 10% off.
20181105_170529.jpg

These are seriously top quality rods, lovely through action.
Made up with that for £22.50

John Keane

Reaction score
You know how, no matter how carefully you wipe the nozzle, after a couple of uses you CANNOT get the cap off a tube of superglue?

Here’s the answer 12 single-use tubes for the grand little sum of 50p from a local One Stop Shop. I think, on reflection, I’ll go back and buy up the rest of their stock (well at least another 5 cards anyway)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And if you can get the cap off after use you end up getting superglue squirting over your fingers.

mikench

Reaction score
That's a good idea! I have been using Seachem Flourish glue on the tank and it blocks and then suddenly decides to allow its remaining contents to evacuate the tube!!!! At £4.50 a tube its no joke!!!:)

John Keane

Reaction score
That's a good idea! I have been using Seachem Flourish glue on the tank and it blocks and then suddenly decides to allow its remaining contents to evacuate the tube!!!! At £4.50 a tube its no joke!!!:)

It’s not a gel though, Mike, so probably not suited to fixing aquarium plants.

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
The super glue they occasionally have in Lidl in a grey, single drop, very controllable bottle is great stuff, I use it at work quite a bit, and it takes months before the cap gets a bit stuck/crusty by which time it's usually about finished anyway. out of interest I took the plastic dispenser apart on an old empty one and inside is a tube of Loctite/Henkel branded super glue in a Lidl own brand dispenser, so it's good stuff for pretty cheap.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mike, you should have got the marine seachem super glue. It's in larger tubes and the cap doesnt stick on after many uses!

Regarding normal superglue, i've only found cheapo superglue from the pound shop etc has the cap glue itself on after a use. If you buy more expensive stuff it lasts!

John Keane

Reaction score
The single-use bottles aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. For a start you need to cut over a cm off the nozzle to get at the glue and the bottles are so rigid that you virtually can’t squeeze a controlled drop out of them. Used a pair of pliers to squeeze some into a plastic bottle cap and then applied it to the work with a toothpick. Good job I only paid 50p for the lot!

wetthrough

Reaction score
The single-use bottles aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. For a start you need to cut over a cm off the nozzle to get at the glue and the bottles are so rigid that you virtually can’t squeeze a controlled drop out of them.

The first lot of these I got were OK. The second, which was fairly recently were as you've described. Presumably they got too much plastic in the molding process. They won't want to be wasting plastic so it might not be the case next time.

As for regular bottles if you hold them upright and squeeze the drop left in the nozzle into a tissue and wipe the tip they'll more often than not thicken up before the top seizes up. Depends how much you use them of course.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You would think super glue is all the same but it really isn't!
Some definately sticks many time quicker and is easier to use.
I would imagine the Locktight stuff will be one of the better quality brands.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
If you think it's a bit slow you can always buy a can of accelerator. Spray it on one side, you can let this dry if you like, then apply glue to the other side of the joint and hold them together. About 10 seconds is all it takes usually.