Bargains. Let us know.

seth49

Reaction score
Aldi fishing tackle, in store from the 31 st of January, only got the date so far, don’t know yet what is coming in.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Went to an auction yesterday, there were two reels, Freeliner 50s -carp types in nice condition it looked, couldn't make out the make, didn't have my glasses with me, dolt brain. Anyway two bids £10 and they went for £12, I was going to bid but had my budget on me for a couple of later lots I wanted, and I know nothing about reels. Should I have bid £14 for them?

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
Daiwa SL20SH sea multiplier, well used but perfectly functional £36.50 on eBay. Bargain!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Very droll Mike, if everything goes through, it will be a big step moving from a 3 bed semi into a 2 bed bungalow. The garage at the bungalow has been partioned off, one part has been converted to an office, so that will be my mancave for making pole rigs, elasticating topkits etc, The other side of the wall in the garage will be tackle storage and bait fridge, I glanced at a conservatory, decent kitchen couple of bedrooms and through lounge living room as well when I went to see it with the wife:wh, If it doesn't go through for some reason, will save a few quid on fees etc and stay where I am.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
In a tackle shop today with a mate, he wanted a couple of bits to bodge up to make adaptors for a spray/pole support bar for his seatbox, we were on about drilling a couple of rivets out and cutting the item shorter and putting new rivets in, The owner of the shop said he could sell him a spray bar for 35 quid, only had 2 left in the shop, got the box for the spraybar out, they retail around 60 quid, My mate bought one I bought the other. The firm that makes them do another model around 40 quid, I think the owner got the models mixed up.

John Keane

Reaction score
Just dropped into a Cash Generator to check out the fishing tackle. They had 2 Shimano Aerlex 8000GT reels for £19.99 each. On inspection I found they were both in need of new drag washers so, a bit of fishing jargon to the non-fishing shop assistant and a bit of umming and aahing and I got them for £15 each. Best beach fixed spool reel ever (IMHO)

Given that I am assembling a Continental style beach outfit then these reels are a great acquisition. A quick call to Jim’s Reel Shop should secure new drag washers and then one can go on eBay and make a handsome profit.

Happy days!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Just dropped into a Cash Generator to check out the fishing tackle. They had 2 Shimano Aerlex 8000GT reels for £19.99 each. On inspection I found they were both in need of new drag washers so, a bit of fishing jargon to the non-fishing shop assistant and a bit of umming and aahing and I got them for £15 each. Best beach fixed spool reel ever (IMHO)

Given that I am assembling a Continental style beach outfit then these reels are a great acquisition. A quick call to Jim’s Reel Shop should secure new drag washers and then one can go on eBay and make a handsome profit.

Happy days!
I always go into the one in Warrington and the one in Northwich to see what they have, they do not have a clue on prices, What you would bin ,they want a lot for it, good stuff like Shimano reels go for what seems to be the standard price of £20. If they sell them for that, how much did they buy them off a punter for , about £8 ?

John Keane

Reaction score
I always go into the one in Warrington and the one in Northwich to see what they have, they do not have a clue on prices, What you would bin ,they want a lot for it, good stuff like Shimano reels go for what seems to be the standard price of £20. If they sell them for that, how much did they buy them off a punter for , about £8 ?

Was the Northwich one.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
They had the greys prodigy rods in there back end of last year at 40 quid,
I did a few phone calls but no one was after a rod at the time, so I left them.
I bought a Mitchell otomatic for 3 quid and a Shakespeare seatbox complete with topbox and octoplus legs for a tenner, One phone call on the way to my car And I had sold the box for 30 quid, I kept the reel for a while, then gave it to my daughter in law along with my other mitchells and an ABU 506 for her car boot stall in aid of St Roccos Hospice, A bloke bought the lot in one go,

John Keane

Reaction score
They had the greys prodigy rods in there back end of last year at 40 quid,
I did a few phone calls but no one was after a rod at the time, so I left them.
I bought a Mitchell otomatic for 3 quid and a Shakespeare seatbox complete with topbox and octoplus legs for a tenner, One phone call on the way to my car And I had sold the box for 30 quid, I kept the reel for a while, then gave it to my daughter in law along with my other mitchells and an ABU 506 for her car boot stall in aid of St Roccos Hospice, A bloke bought the lot in one go,

...and then stuck them on eBay probably?

laguna

Reaction score

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
...and then stuck them on eBay probably?

He wouldn't have made much John, even though I had priced them to sell and told
the daughter in law what they usually go for 2nd hand, she told the bloke she knew the 2nd hand prices when he offered her daft money,In the end she knocked a fiver off the lot if bought in one go. She wasn't budging on prices, I had told her what didn't sell give to the hospice shop and tell them what to ask for them,