Bargains. Let us know.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That is sad. Gerrys was my first port of call (apart from Dells) for tackle when I fished as a lad over forty years ago.

tom_moran

Reaction score
I've got one and I'm pretty happy with it. Got the big kit with the big box, rig box and six small boxes. Only thing that's broken is one of the clips of the big box but fairs fair it did happen when I rolled my car into a field. Still works with one clip though ?

robtherake

Reaction score
This is a cheap box but seems to be pretty good.

https://youtu.be/aOO1Z0uo_ZE

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I like those and that price you could have one in every bag. I'll have to check whether Boyes store stocks them - they do a lot of NGT stuff, most of which is basic, but excellent value. The stainless metalware is at giveaway prices. :)

bracket

Reaction score
I'm no engineer, but, is:

Actually possible:eek:

Yes it is possible, just so long as you don't rotate the drum. It is referred to as a state of inertia. This means you can sit for hours rapturously gazing at it without generating the slightest fricion what so ever. Apart from that which will be generated between yourself and all the others vying for your attention. ;) Pete.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I noticed these reels for sale on ebay a few weeks ago. One thing I did notice in the picture was the tolerances between the back plate and the drum, they didn't look very snug. It might just be the picture that makes it look/appear like there's a larger gap than there actually is. If the gap between the drum and backplate isn't nice and snug there might be a problem with line going behind the spool which can become a bit of a pain.
If I was in the market for a budget reel then I reckon i'd have a go at that one before the others available...does look quite nice.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Yeeuk ! It may be very good but that is a seriously odd design that I don't like the look of at all. What is going on with that swirly handle plate thing ? It looks like a bit of stray meccano. Also...what is with the cheese slicer backplate ?

And to top it all cross head screws on a centrepin reel ??? :eek: No....no.....NO !

If you see any of these hand them in at the nearest Police Station.

Last edited:

trotter2

Reaction score
Regarding the centrepin it looks ok
But £50 would get you a nice Trudex

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I reckon it wouldn't look quite so blingy if it was on a rod, most likely look great. The set up looks very similar to the okuma aventa reels, if it's anything like as good as them it will be a nice reel.

robtherake

Reaction score
I like those and that price you could have one in every bag. I'll have to check whether Boyes store stocks them - they do a lot of NGT stuff, most of which is basic, but excellent value. The stainless metalware is at giveaway prices. :)

I bought one from Boyes today but some of the lids were a little warped, so best to check before buying.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

A heated gilet that might just be what Keith is looking for: https://www.blazewear.com/sale-items/deluxe-men-s-gilet-in-khaki.html

...and at sale price, too. :)