Bargains. Let us know.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A tad expensive for a pint of Carling Black Label Steve.

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's a p*** take .:rolleyes:

Yes and no. People are prepared to pay silly amounts for the original Nash flavourings. They complain about changed recipes not being anything like as good as the old stuff. When stashes of the old stuff appear, they'll pay a premium for them. However, whether that premium will amount to £200 is another matter entirely. Just another variation on the carp tax, it affects certain second hand items even more than new stuff.

John Keane

Reaction score
Ebay again, just put an offer in, and won, an immaculate Daiwa Sealine SLX20SHA multiplier reel for £75. It’s the much improved version of the venerable Daiwa “SLOSH 20” The Daiwa RRP is £190 and the internet average is around £140 so I think it qualifies as a bargain. Going to use it for uptiding for cod in the Mersey.

mikench

Reaction score
Well done John, however the clue to the thread are the words” let us know” ie before you nab the bargain.::rolleyes:

I am joking before you get all Liverpool back four.

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
Well done John, however the clue to the thread are the words” let us know” ie before you nab the bargain.::rolleyes:

I am joking before you get all Liverpool back four.

If I’d known you were in the market for an uptiding multiplier reel I’d have...

...er, no I wouldn’t! :wh

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I had an email from Angling Direct this morning, offering a re-chargeable Chub head torch for £30, reduced from £55.99. My old Energiser has seen better days, so after a quick check to establish that both eBay and Amazon were a lot more expensive for the same item, I ordered one. Less than 2 hours later, it's now been reduced to £24.99!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Return the first one and get a refund and buy the cheaper one.:)

rich66

Reaction score
I had an email from Angling Direct this morning, offering a re-chargeable Chub head torch for £30, reduced from £55.99. My old Energiser has seen better days, so after a quick check to establish that both eBay and Amazon were a lot more expensive for the same item, I ordered one. Less than 2 hours later, it's now been reduced to £24.99!

Cancel it and reorder I know I would !

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I'd already had an email telling me it had shipped before I saw the price had gone down - and I was just thinking how super-efficient they'd been!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm not a massive fan of a lot of the stuff in Decathlon but if you hunt around there is some good gear in there. I can highly recommend their skiing baselayer top which is quite brilliant to wear as ( der) a baselayer and is a bargain at £3.99. Washes well and keeps its shape too. I was so impressed I went and got another one and I am not easily impressed as you well know.

Sizing is a bit on the small side so I bought a size up. Perfick.

markv

Reaction score
NEW Stillwater Thermal Moon Boot With Lining 8/9 TF-1121-8/9

VERY warm traditional fishing moon boots. Bargain at £11.40 delivered. Put the above into ebay or go on Angling Direct website. Definitely recommend. Size 8/9 only. I suffer with cold feet more than most and these with extra good socks pretty much sort things whereas other boots described as warm fail miserably. Skeetex are the only other ones that have worked for me but these are massively cheaper. (I'm a size 7 shoe and pad these out with socks, still room left for me.)

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
NEW Stillwater Thermal Moon Boot With Lining 8/9 TF-1121-8/9

VERY warm traditional fishing moon boots. Bargain at £11.40 delivered. Put the above into ebay or go on Angling Direct website. Definitely recommend. Size 8/9 only. I suffer with cold feet more than most and these with extra good socks pretty much sort things whereas other boots described as warm fail miserably. Skeetex are the only other ones that have worked for me but these are massively cheaper. (I'm a size 7 shoe and pad these out with socks, still room left for me.)

If you’re up for a more traditional boot that is very warm, have a look at the Savage Gear ones that are well padded and lined by Thinsulate. I prefer them to welly type boots like Moons or Skeetex. They are higher than the ankle, have three Velcro fastening straps and are totally waterproof. Not the cheapest but I’ve had mine for 5 yrs so they have paid for themselves at around a tenner a year.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
That is a proper bargain. Great little reels the Ninjas.

There are no Cash Generators round here. I shouldn't really be surprised I suppose.

I haven't seen any around oxford either .I will call in the one in warrington and northwich when I am up that way I have found that cash generator does better bargains, cash converter can be more or less tackle shop price in warrington, they don't like when you tell them. Best bargain from cash generator the other year was a mitchell otomatic, and a shakespeare seat box with side trays and top box plus octopus leg system. Got both for £15 , needless to say I sold them on. I have seen greys rods and shimano 10000 reels in the one at northwich, reels were £20 and rods £35

John Keane

Reaction score
I haven't seen any around oxford either .I will call in the one in warrington and northwich when I am up that way I have found that cash generator does better bargains, cash converter can be more or less tackle shop price in warrington, they don't like when you tell them. Best bargain from cash generator the other year was a mitchell otomatic, and a shakespeare seat box with side trays and top box plus octopus leg system. Got both for £15 , needless to say I sold them on. I have seen greys rods and shimano 10000 reels in the one at northwich, reels were £20 and rods £35

There’s a decent enough Shimano 3000 size reel in the one in Northwich for £14.99. Not bothered with it as I’m taking a Christmas sabbatical from eBay. I’ve found they’ll take an offer on stuff if you tell them it’s not quite right as they haven’t got a clue about fishing tackle. There was a nice MAP Matchtek 13/17ft rod in there for £25 but it was missing a ring on the tip section and the rings have blue liners. Couldn’t be ar$ed doing it up so I think it’s still there.

rob48

Reaction score
Cadence have a couple of promotions in the run up to Christmas.
There's a 2 for price of 1 on one of the reels and a free reel with any rod purchased.
I've just ordered a 13' #3 feeder rod with a free CS5 reel, all for £130.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That’s the second promotion Cadence have done in a very short time, think they are struggling for market share?

rob48

Reaction score
Honestly don't know their marketing strategy but I was seeing quite a few of their rods on the upper Trent, Warks Avon and Severn until they all started to flood towards late October. I think they usually have a few special offers around Christmas, as do the likes of BobCo and other on-line retailers.