Bargains. Let us know.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A bargain for anyone living in the Chester area, think it will go quickly.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
One of my raids on a little bookshop out in the country, they have a couple of shelves on fishing books, I only ever meet the wife but she tells me her husband is keen hence so many. Got these for £16, average £4 each. Trout Bum by John Geirach- Michael Pritchard’s Pocket Guide to Spinning in Fresh and Salt Water- Pike an In -Fisherman’s handbook of Strategies (American, should be interesting) and Sea Trout Fishing by Hugh Faulkus (with a section on sea and estuary which should interest me). I am sure I will glean some good info/tips from these. If not, still a nice little add to my collection.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the name trout bum. I have an Orvis trout bum jacket but have no idea why it is so called. Does anyone know?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
If you had posted this the other day Mike I could have gone in an Orvis shop and asked for you, Went past one on my way to Broadway in the Cotswolds
Has your jacket got a rear inside pocket running along the base of your jacket. ?

mikench

Reaction score
No it doesn't Mark. It is just a short , warm and waterproof jacket which I never use for fishing just for looking glam. It's orange so say no more.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
No it doesn't Mark. It is just a short , warm and waterproof jacket which I never use for fishing just for looking glam. It's orange so say no more.

I read the forward of this book and John Gierach is an American and is a freelance journalist, photographer and newspaper columnist but no mention of him being associated with tackle manufacturer.
By the way Mike, just read a few pages of this and looks like a very good read so I will read all of it. Its as much about a way of life from a devoted angler. And it is in new condition with the dust cover and priced at £14.99 so for £5 I got a bargain.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
AD have a sale on and my local branch are getting rid of stock. I had been looking for a narrow tube for spare quiver tips and found one for £2. They had quite a few.

steve2

Reaction score
Just had to check what it was, it's called a Base Camp, last time I saw one of those it was on a film about climbing Mount Everest.
They say tents are banned on fisheries, just what is this if it's not a 4 berth tent.

John Keane

Reaction score
Not strictly fishing related but good for those of us with OCD who like to label everything. This DYMO Letratag thingy is around £29 retail everywhere and Aldi have them for £14.99 at the moment

Attachments

• 47D756DE-4AB5-43D1-962E-3E676FB3D2E1.jpeg
    47D756DE-4AB5-43D1-962E-3E676FB3D2E1.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 270