Bargains. Let us know.

silvers

Reaction score
@silvers When Partridge Lakes first started , the Covey Canal was stocked with small carp and F1 plus silvers, there are a few carp touching 20lb in there now, they must be hiding somewhere when a net is run through it to sort stock out.
It's not much fun latching onto one of those if fishing light for F1's . At the moment a lot of the fish are shoaled up in various places. A match last week had the first three pegged next to each other, back up weights were low and scattered about.
That's what I hate ,you put two nets in at the start and are lucky if you manage a decent weight in one of them.
Is the mesh wide enough on the Cadence nets to be used as a river net ,?
Yes on mesh size for rivers, it’s the same as the Ron Thompson net that I’ve been using without a problem for ten years.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
First use of my Cadence nets yesterday and one snapped above the screw thread. Very disappointing. I have contacted Cadence and await a reply.

Attachments

• 7D5146CD-F082-4874-89CD-3295A25C91AD.jpeg
    7D5146CD-F082-4874-89CD-3295A25C91AD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 112

Reaction score
Well i've bought reels and landing nets on bogof deals and are chuffed with the result,i'm sure a positive outcome will result...

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I contacted Cadence and had a swift enough response, they have promised a replacement ‘part’ in the post.

I’m hoping the part might be a functioning keepnet!

The other of the BOGOF pair performed well, though in two matches never held quite enough fish!

rayner

Reaction score
According to information from google, the reel is an Allcock Arielite 5. Value around 40 quid for one in good condition.
The one you Have mark would be too much trouble for me but I know how you like a lost cause ?
The reel is a beach caster, the strange contraption is for when the spool is removed to hold the spool to enable it to cast as a casting reel.

Keith M

Reaction score
If you really like it, It might be worth you getting ‘The Repair Shop’ on the BBC to repair it.
Otherwise it looks like a lost cause :giggle: :poop::giggle:

Keith

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I contacted Cadence and had a swift enough response, they have promised a replacement ‘part’ in the post.

I’m hoping the part might be a functioning keepnet!

The other of the BOGOF pair performed well, though in two matches never held quite enough fish!
Update on this:

As promised the part must have been dispatched immediately, with a spare thrown in for good measure.

The repair was a simple unscrew job and took a matter of seconds.

So, I suppose these things happen and credit to Cadence for as good customer service as can reasonably be expected. They are building a brand on this basis and I’ll certainly have no qualms in buying again from them in the future.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
The reel is an Orlando Minor, as the label states. the larger more often seen version is the Jecta. They are side cast reels like the Alvey but instead of the reel pivoting 90 degrees at the foot, the entire spool is removed, placed onto the spigot and cast like a fixed spool. The spool can fit either way round which helps prevent the twist line twist that the Alvey suffers badly from. The downside is messing about removing and refitting the spool. This one looks like it will need a lot of fetteling, lol.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Ray has got it right, I remember when I first saw one of these, I thought the plumbing was for pumping air into it to make the spool go round and reel in a fish; have your man standing by with bellows to do the pumping:). Spotted this in a old junk shop and for £3 thought why not, might be able to clean it up. As it happens the little lever does not work and I cant get the spool off and pretty much all the other parts are not working so, bit of a lost cause. I might have another go at it or chuck it in the bin, it does indeed look like it was washed up on a beach at some point. On the label it has Grice and Young which I believe was a good make of center pin but I might have that wrong. Curious reel though, so I thought a bit of something interesting if nothing else.

Last edited: