Bargains. Let us know.

peterjg

Reaction score
The other day I popped into an antique shop with my wife and there propped up in a corner was a lovely green hexagonal aluminium extending landing net handle in perfect condition. There was no price on it and so I asked and purchased said item without hesitation for the bargain price of £5. I would guess that it was 60-70 years old. Used it today.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Angling direct has the guru fusion abs pole/ rod holdall in at £99.
Looks a decent bit of kit, A lot slimmer than standard holdall, No side pocket though, but looking at it and depending on what you take you can get a brolly and landing net handle in one side and pole/ rods in the other side .

Reaction score
Picked up a rechargeable led headtorch from Aldi yesterday,£3.99,probably rubbish,but very cheap,looks ok,two light settings....

seth49

Reaction score
Aldi items are usually ok, and most of them come with a 3 year guarantee, so you would get your money back in the event of it failing, providing you keep the receipt.

I’m keeping an eye out for there fishing tackle sale, it’s usually in January but it’s late this year, probably shipping problems like everything else.

john step

Reaction score
I have received these Black Cap LOOKALIKES. 10 for £8.74 with delivery from GREATFISHINGCO . Very substantial quality apart from the white colour which has been cured with a few dabs of green and black acrylic paint. I must say they now look like fashionable camo!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Picked this up for £10 yesterday, just liked the look of it and when I got home I realized I might have a use for it, fly fishing for mullet in the sea and or maybe bass and mackerel. I don't know what the make is, all it has is reservoir as a logo and the aftm 7/8 . It is 10ft long and I think good for the sea, Fits together well. never tried fly fishing in the sea but might be worth exploring sometime in the summer.
P1000702.JPG
P1000700.JPG
P1000701.JPG

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Is it a rod someone has made and put what is for on it ,?
It looks painted on and not transfer.
A few use similar sized rods on the Thames near me when they fly fish for pike
I don't know Mark, it doesn't look like it has been painted but I am not an expert on that as you well know:) It looks suitable for a bit of sea fishing with a lure or fly to me. I have loads of 9ft smaller fly rods but not a heavy duty 10ft one like this so it will fill a gap.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I meant "Reservoir" and the aftm number painted on
I don't know Mark, it doesn't look like it has been painted but I am not an expert on that as you well know:) It looks suitable for a bit of sea fishing with a lure or fly to me. I have loads of 9ft smaller fly rods but not a heavy duty 10ft one like this so it will fill a gap.

mikench

Reaction score
For some reason quite a few very old and out of date posts have been resurrected recently. Having said that the search function is a very useful database for information on all aspects of fishing and in truth the basics don't change much.

mikench

Reaction score
I will get another pair of the Crane fishing trousers if I can. For the money they are excellent.

seth49

Reaction score
Yes there a decent bib and brace for the price of them, I’ve a pair I use a lot, keep you clean and dry.

mikench

Reaction score
I bought just the trousers but will get either if they come up again in black. The jacket is great too. My only criticism is that the side pockets are too shallow and the inside pocket a bit too narrow to put in and extract my club books.