Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  472
Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast

Default Re: Bargains. Let us know.

They look lovely books Mark.

I wanted a tubed rod hold-all and found a Daiwa Air second hand on a local selling site. When I picked it up I saw the guy had a matching hold-all which he was also selling I paid him £40 for the pair, they were like brand new. The RRP was £210, so I had a good deal. The bloody tubes for the hold-all cost me more.

Incidentally Angling Direct do the MAP Tubes for £6.50 which are far more substantial than those black ones with the red caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

I have just bought a job lot of tackle unseen, all legit not stolen, in it were two 16metre poles, one was a gabolino gmax 800 with around 7 topkits and extending cupping kitand a couple of spare number four sections, , The other is a Middy ZX65-2,again with top kits, cupping kit and dolly butts,and holdall, pole is like new, A preston innovations inception 4000 reel, with spare spool, a new tourny pro extension, dolly butt and number seven section, 11 daiwa interlastic topkits,including the new grey ones with a couple of short fours and long four, two shimano white stradic reels and finally a maver genesis black ice twelve foot match rod, total price £300, the rod and the stradics have been sold, sensible offers accepted for the rest of the tackle if anyone interested.
    Last edited by markcw; 31-08-2019 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    “How to catch them” Pike by AL Ward” £2. Interesting this, series of 28 books, I wouldn’t mind trying to collect the lot, printed in 1954.
    You need this, then - some of the titles are much scarcer than others, and command quite high prices...Collector's Guide to the How to Catch Them Series by Eddie Chambers | Waterstones

Quote Originally Posted by David Rogers 3 View Post
    You need this, then - some of the titles are much scarcer than others, and command quite high prices...Collector's Guide to the How to Catch Them Series by Eddie Chambers | Waterstones
    £17 for that be gads, I will hunt them down, that will be as much fun as collecting them but thanks for the interest.

I’ve just bought a Prologic Spider Rod Pod at the knock down price of £35.99 (RRP is around twice that) so it’s Sod’s Law that I’ve just seen, within driving distance on Gumtree, a Fox X-Pod for £35 which is a better pod.

BU99ER!

Have to thank my better half for this little find, 25p each from Home Bargains, very handy for storing small floats when roving the river etc.

image link hosting

any top kits with the middy pole ? and what price are you looking for

Aldi are selling Crane Waterproof Breathable Socks they look the same as sealskinz socks

£12. 99. In store from the 29th or pre order on line

Crane Waterproof Breathable Socks - ALDI UK
    Trust me I’m an Engineer