Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    binka Guest

Default Camo that doesn’t... Erm... Camo?

Is it just me or does anyone else reckon that a lot of the camo or DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the plain green stuff…

Might as well be pink with orange blobs on imo

For some reason camo gear is something I've steered clear of at all costs, are you a camo fanatic and what’s your pattern?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Camo that doesn’t... Erm... Camo?

Only camo I have is a fleece sent to me by my son from the states, best I have found is just dark clothing and keeping still.

Some of the waters I have seen you would need a brolly with used bog roll and old shopping trollies on it to blend in

My guesting camo was wait until it was dark and then keep still
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I do like a pair of camo combats but that's about it. I've no camo gear and when I thought I'd get a camo jacket when I tried it on I looked like a f******n hydrangea bush. I didn't buy it.

Plain, boring old green or manure brown does it for me.

As I've said before - a sort of bluey grey must be the ultimate camo. Afterall the herons have successfully developed it over millions of years...............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Heron grey eh ? What...like yor hair Jerry ?

I think it stands out like that because it's plonked amongst a bank of dead reeds and there's no propper greenery around it. Camo does work if it matches the background.

Only use camo when poaching.
    Better well hanged than ill wed.
    Søren Kirkegaard

Is there any evidence to suggest it makes a blind bit of difference ? Wilson always seemed to wear a bright red jumper and Jan Porter dressed in all red until he went native. It might be useful if you're stalking fish in clear water or if you are trying to avoid Korean snipers but generally speaking I'm not convinced.

And it doesn't matter what you're wearing if you rock up shouting & yelling at your mates, stomp up to your chosen pitch and then spend 2 hours banging in rod rests and bivvy pegs with a sledgehammer. Kind of missing the point, lads.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    Heron grey eh ? What...like yor hair Jerry ?
    And sucessfully developed a lot quicker than millions of years...............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

I use camo in varying degrees, its good if it matches the terrian the wearer is in.Normally I just have the old British dpm trousers and a couple or three fleeces from marks n sparks and a blue shakespeare coat.
    If its raining however then I often wear my army goretex two piece top n leggings in dpm.
    when the trousers have had their day I may go for the new british atp ( all terrain pattern) brought in over the last few years,
    lots of camo is not really that good, its more a fashion designers idea of what they think it should look look like, a bit like the once fasionable bib n brace overalls that guys n gals in the seventies wore to go out in .My old brickie mate in the building trade used to call guys in the street posing/wearing them "toss - - s in toy overalls".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast