The wonder method bandwagon, what’s your biggest disappointment?

john step

Reaction score
Its very gratifying to read the postings about dropshotting and lures.
I may not be the most useless lure angler after all:wh

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Back in the day, Newark Needle Floats. WTF?. Mine lasted about 2 weeks before they ended up in the bin.
As long as that ? Mine went straight in the bin after a cursory examination. Then we had "leger pins " from the same stable. Another crock of shoite.
Glad its not just me that can't get dropshotting to work. I'd love to see somebody good at it doing their stuff but ,so far, its been a right pup so far as I'm concerned .

Harvey

Reaction score
I drove to Sweden before the weekend, and bought dropshot/jig rods. Polish rods, actually. Dragon Fishmaker II Sensitive Jig. Two 8 ft (3-18 gram and 4-21 gram), and one 7ft 6in (3-18 gram) for my mate. A fourth rod is on its way from a Polish webstore. And quite a lot of jigheads, large hooks for dropshot and loads of softbaits, for both jigging and softbaits.

Having studied the Fox Rage movies on YouTube, I tied a few rigs, and learned the Allbright knot to tye the fluorocarbon to the Fireline braid. I ended up using one my Drennan 3000 float reels loaded with 0.12 Fireline. The shallow spools lend themselves perfectly to braided lines. The fact that they are delivered with three aluminum spool is also a point.

Then off we went. We picked a pool in the local river where we had landed the odd perch when fishing with worms for bream. Neither of us had much experience dropshotting. For me it was the first time ever. That didn't seem to matter. We landed big perch in abundance. At first, it was a perch a chuck. 20 perch, and a few pikes later, the bites started to die down a bit, and we decided to move venue. Four perch close to 1 kilo, and just a couple under 500 gram.

The rods were absolutely brilliant. They are built using the the best materials, and are the finest rods I'v ever owned. I haven't had that much fun for years. It's the most effective fishing I have ever vitnessed. And a great addition to my coarsefishing. I'm totally hooked. I can take my rod, my landing net, and a lightly packed rucksack and walk for hours along the riverbank. Trying here and there. No chair, no bankstick, no baittable, no groundbait, no this, and no that.

Dropshotting is not a failed and disappointing fad. Not for me. Of the four largest perch I have landed, three of them were landed yesterday. All of them were perfectly hooked in the lip, and all of them went happily back to the river.

Last edited:
B

binka

I drove to Sweden before the weekend, and bought dropshot/jig rods. Polish rods, actually. Dragon Fishmaker II Sensitive Jig. Two 8 ft (3-18 gram and 4-21 gram), and one 7ft 6in (3-18 gram) for my mate. A fourth rod is on its way from a Polish webstore. And quite a lot of jigheads, large hooks for dropshot and loads of softbaits, for both jigging and softbaits.

Having studied the Fox Rage movies on YouTube, I tied a few rigs, and learned the Allbright knot to tye the fluorocarbon to the Fireline braid. I ended up using one my Drennan 3000 float reels loaded with 0.12 Fireline. The shallow spools lend themselves perfectly to braided lines. The fact that they are delivered with three aluminum spool is also a point.

Then off we went. We picked a pool in the local river where we had landed the odd perch when fishing with worms for bream. Neither of us had much experience dropshotting. For me it was the first time ever. That didn't seem to matter. We landed big perch in abundance. At first, it was a perch a chuck. 20 perch, and a few pikes later, the bites started to die down a bit, and we decided to move venue. Four perch close to 1 kilo, and just a couple under 500 gram.

The rods were absolutely brilliant. They are built using the the best materials, and are the finest rods I'v ever owned. I haven't had that much fun for years. It's the most effective fishing I have ever vitnessed. And a great addition to my coarsefishing. I'm totally hooked. I can take my rod, my landing net, and a lightly packed rucksack and walk for hours along the riverbank. Trying here and there. No chair, no bankstick, no baittable, no groundbait, no this, and no that.

Dropshotting is not a failed and disappointing fad. Not for me. Of the four largest perch I have landed, three of them were landed yesterday. All of them were perfectly hooked in the lip, and all of them went happily back to the river.

Well done Harvey that sounds like a great session, I'm pleased it worked out for you.

Funnily enough I brought my drop shot gear and rod in from the garage last night and had a sift through everything with the intention of giving it another go later this week but it's back in the garage having changed my mind :eek:mg: