Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Polarised lenses colour...

What's best for fishing ?
    Grey, Brown or doesn't matter either way ?
    PaSC (failed).
    Officially warranted Weather Jonah.
    £5 ransom by Paypal NOW or I will attend your fish in !

Default Re: Polarised lenses colour...

Always found amber lenses suited me best throughout the season, a vital consideration for my style of fishing.

Amber as in like the yellow driver's glasses ?

[QUOTE=Windy;1354191]Amber as in like the yellow driver's glasses ?[/QU

I think nowadays they might be called brown, definatly not those yellow lenses that make everything look like one of Walt Disney's cartoonists had painted it.

In my experience it depends on the light levels on the day. I tend to wear polarised glasses unless it's dark. I find they help me see a float with less strain. However, I couldn't be bothered having, and swapping between, multiple lens colours.

I want a dark lens when it's really bright and a lighter one (preferably one that boosts definition) for duller conditions. Some kind of photochromatic lens sounded perfect to me. I could only find one that combined photochromatic with polarised, Drivewear. I've had mine for a couple of years now. When the prescription becomes obsolete, I'll be getting some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Gibson View Post
    ...definatly not those yellow lenses that make everything look like one of Walt Disney's cartoonists had painted it.
    Thank the Lord for that, I have always thought they look awful, Ron Burgundy specials.

Thanks for the link Sam, tho possibly a trifle dear for a man of straitened means* like me.

* ie. bluddy mean

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Thanks for the link Sam, tho possibly a trifle dear for a man of straitened means* like me.

* ie. bluddy mean
    I'm not exactly liberal with my severely limited funds either. However, unless you are a regular loser/destroyer of glasses, they are well worth the money.

[QUOTE=Windy;1354191]Amber as in like the yellow driver's glasses ?

I like to warn others about those night driving glasses whenever the subject crops up.
    I used to drive to a night shift using the same route every night.
    Due to tired eyes I purchased a pair of these and they made everything look amber.

Everything amber,The shops displays, the street lights' everything was a pretty haze of amber .........including the RED traffic light I sailed through and only realising what I had done half way across a very busy London junction that as stated already that I knew well.

I threw them away immediately

pointngo Guest

Although yellow, and rose (pink) lenses do look like you're watching a cartoon they pick out the detail in low light conditions better.

Dark lenses are better in bright sunshine.

For everyday use which covers all light levels adequately, amber/brown is the one to go for.

You don't need to spend a fortune on glasses but they're there to protect your eyes from UV as well as allow you to see, so go for 100% UV protection if you can.

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    However, unless you are a regular loser/destroyer of glasses, they are well worth the money.
    That rules me out then!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast