Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up dragon carp closing down

NOT all shops but very cheap tackle at sports direct from dragon carp
    an plenty more

Default Re: dragon carp closing down

Not sure if it's closing down but they were on about Sports Direct in Shirebrook, Mansfield using illegal slave workers!

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lookabaa View Post
    Not sure if it's closing down but they were on about Sports Direct in Shirebrook, Mansfield using illegal slave workers!
    Lol... That wouldn't surprise me!

That place is just down the road from me and is their central distribution depot and the size of it is staggering!

They have a very large retail outlet there too although I rarely visit it, to give you an idea of scale the smaller detached box type building to the top left of the main depot is the retail outlet and is probably larger than many supermarkets...

Good riddance to bad rubbish dubious outlets, cheap labour cheap ****, through , the internet and used tackle, broken zips, leaky brollies, false economy, time has found them out.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish dubious outlets, cheap labour cheap ****, through , the internet and used tackle, broken zips, leaky brollies, false economy, time has found them out.
    And possibly the most unhelpful and disinterested shop floor staff in the history of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    "cheap labour" - That's narrowed your purchase options to less than 1% of all available goods nationwide...

All I've ever bought from them has been good, though I've only gone for their Barble feeders (their spelling), which were half the price of the Korum equivalents and branded items such as Kamasan Black Cap feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by cg74 View Post
    "cheap labour" - That's narrowed your purchase options to less than 1% of all available goods nationwide...

All I've ever bought from them has been good, though I've only gone for their Barble feeders (their spelling), which were half the price of the Korum equivalents and branded items such as Kamasan Black Cap feeders.
    Learned my lesson buying rubbish at shows, much of it was theirs, not a good idea, unreliable tools.

i bought a rod that was advertised as a barbel rod and to be honest i wouldnt like to catch anything bigger than a couple of pounds on it and certainly not a barbel

The kids bought me an 11ft margin float rod from Used Tackle as a present - it needed six ounces of lead wrapped round the butt just to balance it! As if that wasn't bad enough, the action was more suitable for margin-caught marlin than commie carp. "You gets what you pay for" was never more true. never had the heart to tell the bairns, though.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Blog Entries

Caught any marlin with it then??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast