Service second to none

Harvey

Reaction score
I received notice from the postoffice today. A shipment from Harris Sportsmail in Norfolk had arrived.

There was four orders placed separately on the same day (sunday), and payed for separately, P&P included for each order.

One of the orders arrived a week ago. And now the rest of the items had been bundeled together and shipped in one shipment, with the total showing on the customs declaration.

So I had to pay an extra 20 pounds to get the shipment through Customs & Revenue.

Not pleased with this, I sent an e-mail to the store:

Sir,
On sunday 27th of september, I placed four orders with Harris Sportsmail:

OrderID 228896
1 x PowerPro Braid Moss Green 275m - 0.10mm 5kg - 275m

OrderID 228895
1 x Fox Predator Carboflex Trace Wire - 15lb - 15m

OrderID 228881
1 x Fox Predator Dead Bait Floater Sticks - Medium Pack Of 4
2 x Fox Predator Dead Bait Floater Sticks - Mixed Pack Of 6

OrderID 228793
6 x Drennan Quick Change Beads - Small

The orders were placed separately, and paid for individually, shipping included for each order.

A week ago I received the Quick Change Beads. Today I received the rest. Bundeled together in one shipment, with the total showing on the Customs declaration.

When I place orders separately, and pay for separate shipment, I want the items shipped separately. I had to pay what amounts to 20 pounds extra to get your second shipment through Customs & Revenue. What was supposed to be a bargain, became very pricy pieces of kit.

Had you, on the other hand, shipped the orders separately, there would have been nothing extra for me to pay.

Regards

Arve Michaelsen, Moss, Norway
A few minutes later I received the following reply
Hi
Please accept our sincere apologies, the orders were tied together by our
picking/warehouse staff. I have since spoken with them to ensure this does
not happen in the future.

Please find a voucher code for the value of £20.00 below to use against your
next order. Place the code in the Evoucher Code Box.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

XXXXXXXXX

Kind Regards

Emma Amis (Manager)
Harris Sportsmail Ltd
Wasn't that a nice thing to do? I almost felt ashamed for complaining.

(I have, for obvous reasons, replaced the voucher code with XXXXXXXXX. In case you wondered.)

So I replied, with tears in my eyes, like the sobbing git I am
Dear Emma,
Thank you for your swift reply and your generous gesture. I have been a returning costumer for many years now, and will continue to be in the future.

I am

Yours truly

Arve Michaelsen, Moss, Norway

B

binka

Harrissportsmail are a very good company to deal with imo.

I had a problem with a delayed item when Hardy had let them down with an item of luggage during their change of ownership and I too received a voucher off of my next order even though it was no fault of Harris.

rubio

Reaction score
If it's their error you are entitled to your money rather than a voucher. Not that it seems to be an issue!

Harvey

Reaction score
If it's their error you are entitled to your money rather than a voucher. Not that it seems to be an issue!
I've had it both ways. A few years ago I ordered some items from Mullarkeys Direct (Burton on Trent), among these some packs of hooks. When the shipment arrived, there were no hooks to be found. I complained, and the next thing they deleted my account. I never got the hooks, and they never replied to my emails.

What could I do? Nothing. Nada. Nichts. Rien. Buy an airline ticket, travel by train from London, and break their windows? It would be great, but very expensive fun.

B

binka

What could I do? Nothing. Nada. Nichts. Rien. Buy an airline ticket, travel by train from London, and break their windows? It would be great, but very expensive fun.

Hey it's Burton, the home of my ex-missus.

You could have sent a fiver to someone by PayPal and sub contracted it :eek: ;) :D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
You could have sent a fiver to someone by PayPal and sub contracted it :eek: ;) :D

Now there's a business opportunity waiting to be exploited. Dial a Bink....we break anything !

Good to hear there are still some decent dealers out there. I've had some very good service over the years from various joes and that's kept me going back even if its cost me a bit more to do so. Support the good guys and the riff raff soon go under. I don't often use Harris but I will now.

Last edited: