Am I the only one who gets miffed and sulks if I lose some tackle?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Had all my gear, and the 3 boys stuff nicked from the garage a number of years ago.

That was bad enough, but the worst part is when you think you have replaced everything. So you go fishing, get set up, then turn to tie up some hook lengths, or what ever, only to find that an old, file, folding magnifying glass, has not been replaced. It seems to take for ever to get everything back, if you ever do.

I once went fishing and drove all the way to Huntingdon with a friend, only to get there and find we hadn't put the rods in the car. Drove all the way back to his house, and the rod holdalls were still up against the tree outside his house.

Lucky or what.

mightyboosh

Reaction score
As a lure angler, I accept lure losses as running costs. What really annoys me is losing something of sentimental value or something I have spent time making. And yes, it is getting worse as I get older!

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I'm not worried about tackle losses at all, except when there's a fish attached !!

Bob

rayner

Reaction score
If you've lost something then find it was it really lost ?
If I do lose bits of tackle it's a little annoying not because it's lost more because it has to be replaced.
I'm fortunate that my wife checks everything is where it should be when she puts my tackle away, before she loads the car. So losses are kept to a minimum if any.

greenie62

Reaction score
...I'm fortunate that my wife checks everything is where it should be when she puts my tackle away, before she loads the car...

Absolutely the right way to sort it, kid!
Use a ghillie! Then you can blame them if something gets lost and stop it out of their pay! :eek::D

bracket

Reaction score
I am very laid back about misplaced tackle mainly because I rarely lose gear. Most of what I cannot find has been "borrowed" by my Son in Law. So all in a good cause really. Pete.

robtherake

Reaction score
I still have bad dreams about stuff I lost years ago. I watched a 501 roll off the top of a seat-box, straight into 12 feet of water at the edge of a concrete-sided reservoir. Easy-peasy, you say. Big meshed landing net on a long pole and drag it up, no problem. That didn't work either the first time or on the dozen or so subsequent rescue attempts. I still get the urge to go back and have another go, some 30 years on. I bet it's still there...

steve2

Reaction score
Recently left a new Fox pike net in the carpark, first time I used it. Bailiff said most things are handed in. Apart from mine it seems.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I still have bad dreams about stuff I lost years ago. I watched a 501 roll off the top of a seat-box, straight into 12 feet of water at the edge of a concrete-sided reservoir. Easy-peasy, you say. Big meshed landing net on a long pole and drag it up, no problem. That didn't work either the first time or on the dozen or so subsequent rescue attempts. I still get the urge to go back and have another go, some 30 years on. I bet it's still there...

If that wasn't at a cold time of year I would have striped off and gone in for it.

peytr

Reaction score
Lures are lost now and then as a consequence of how they're used. Lost one last weekend and I'm still thinking of a way to rescue it.

I can't stand loosing floats I made myself. All my pole fishing floats are home made and probably of mediocre quality but to me I cannot live with one size missing. Even thinking it's out there, unattended:eek: is just too much.

Now, the plug... perhaps I could find it when I go in with my wading suit.

snooozer

Reaction score
About three months ago,I was moving swims,when my barrow fell over as I unloaded it.
Everything went down a banking behind me into long grass and Himalayan balsam. I managed to retrieve everything I thought,then when I checked again when I got home, realised I had lost a shimano bait runner 5000' it was in a bag complete with spare spool. So back I goes following morning, searched all over couldn't find it.
So next time I go fishing me and my mate searched again, still no joy, looked again later nowt,
Waiting now for the undergrowth to die down, pretty sure no one on this fishery would pick it up and keep it, so it must still be there.

Did you find it ?