Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Am I the only one who gets miffed and sulks if I lose some tackle?

Phil, i'm the same bud, ******' hate loosing owt! I'm always dropping split shot and spend many hours gently parting grass trying to find them.
    On one occasion I bought a drennan puddle chucker float on my way to fish the prison pit. I was fishing up against the reeds at the bottom end behind the island... anyhow on my first cast the wind caught it and I hooked the reeds. When I pulled, the line broke above the float so my new float was sat there bobbing about. I re-tackled but kept glancing at the float all the time. Anyhow, I carried on fishing but all the time the float was in my view! I finally lost it and I finished up strippin' off to just my underkecks and socks...left the socks on as as I was wading out between the reeds, the broken reeds where sharp and as I sunk in the mud they stabbed the soles of me feet. The mud was deeper than the water! I just managed to reach the float without the end of me tool getting wet, I was happy about that as I didn't want any of those amazon type fish swimming up it LOL.
    That night my feet were itchin' and stinging so bad (through the reeds cuttuing them) I had to smear sudacream antiseptic incase of infections. I think the reeds had left little splinters in my feet.....all that for a ******' £1.80 float.

Same as others, I get very irked when I lose something. Especially if it is something I have had for ages and have become attached to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    The older I get the more it seem to impact on me when I lose something when I’m fishing.
    An example of this illogical trait was the other week, nephew want a bit of foam to pop up maggots. I had some in my boillie drill and bit box. Pretentious I know, having a hand-made drill and bit box, but lots of time on my hands and I like making things. As I opened the box a 1 mm drill bit fell out and into the grass. I gave him the some foam and went back to watching the motionless tips of the rods. I as sat there thinking, the loss of this new never used drill bit started to chew on my brain… It’s brand new never used it… what a B*****d got to find it….I’ll need it! Even though it’s been in there probably 2 years and I’ve not used yet! It’s now obsessing my every thought, to the point I’m on my hands and knees with glasses on, looking for a needle in the green haystack,
    Yes I’m miffed and sulking over a 60p drill bit because I’ve lost it! The elation and sense of relief when I found it, you’d have thought I’d won the bloody lottery!

Am I on my own on this one or are you like it? And have you found the older you get the more it irks you if you lose something?
    Anglers up here in Yorkshire got the problem sorted years back, if they drop anything they cant find they just call in the "Time team" the local commie looks like a cratered moonscape.

I too dislike loosing things but I am forced to be philosophical as I am a very clumsy bu**er.
    One of my best farces was when I was fishing on the gravels at Collingham Weir.
    I had my large bits box on my knees. You know the sort..lots of little compartments for swivels and all the other bits we collect.
    For those who don't know the gravels I think the best description is a blooming sand and gritty beach.
    Of course you know what is coming next...yes the lot tipped over as it fell to the ground. Bother I said. Then the tide came in before I retrieved very much

Years ago I pumped a lot of my own lugworm, the easiest and nearest spot was over on the Wirral.

One morning I drove through the Mersey tunnel and headed to my destination, opened the boot to find my wellies was still in our house. I was livid, booted the car and cursed all the way back through the tunnel and home for my wellies.

I hit the traffic on return to the Wirral and decided to pump half a mile short of my usual spot. As I walked onto the sand, still effing and blinding, I approached a young man digging lug, he had a short spade, one full arm and a couple of digits protruding from his other shoulder.

In his bucket lay plenty of worms, I was thoroughly humbled as he dug another worm with ease. I like to think my wellies were left at home for a reason.

A couple of years later I had just finished a fishing session again on the Wallasey side of the Mersey, threw my gear in the car after saying goodbye to my friends.

On return home I was missing a boot, the Derri Pisces moon boot, loved those boots, my thoughts went back to the young man on the beach, I shrugged my shoulders, made a cuppa, smiled and thought, I ain't got problems.

I lost a little tweezer/hook-tyer all-in-one gizmo over 5 years ago and I'm still upset about it!

I had it as a kid when I started fishing.

I'm reminded of it EVERYTIME I tie a hook because I never tied a hook without it.
    Last edited by pf0x; 22-10-2015 at 20:06.

I really hate loosing tackle.

It was a cold day in early spring a few years ago. The ice had just gone, and I had set up my chair on a thich slate of ice that the spring flood had lifted on to the bankside. I wasn't able to find soft ground for the spike, so it had to lay it on the ground.

Seeking shelter behind it, a sudden gust of wind blew the brolly straight into the river. It was floating away, with the spike pointing straight up.

I didn't think, I just jumped in. Standing to my chest in icy water, I managed to save it.
    Better well hanged than ill wed.
    Søren Kirkegaard

I lost a large bread punch that just seemed to be perfect, had to buy a new set (same make and model) but they just didn't seem to be the same; guess they improved them

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Roberts View Post
    All the birds of the air
    fell a-sighing and a-sobbing,
    when they heard the bell toll
    for poor Cock Robin.

That bloody sparrow is a lying b****rd. Everyone and his dog knows it was Skippy.
    I cannot tell a lie...it was me ! And you are a very bad man, Mr Roberts !

I would like 2 other offences taken into account. Both also unintentional but somehow they never got to me quite like the robin did.

binka Guest

I'm having quite a run on unhooking mats just lately.

After losing one a few weeks ago (?) I then bought two decent replacements as they were going cheap but I then left one on the riverbank after an evening session last week and so I'm now back down to one again.

I might as well just be done with it and buy an outer of ten

I also realised the other day that my spare Emcast 3500 spool has at some point gone walkies and not returned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast