Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Default All singing and dancing bankside chairs

Do any of you have problem with the attached rod rests wobbling when you move on the chair? just a concern of mine before I buy one. Or perhaps you have special recommendation for a chair with arms for us broken people, who struggle to standup sometimes. My old man still fishes with me , he is 86years old and I'd like to buy him the best that I can afford; up to 100 €
    In every angler there is madness
    In every angler there is sadness

Default Re: All singing and dancing bankside chairs

I have the Korum assessory chair - and yet he feeder arm rest does wobble when I move so I don't use it when fishing for light bites
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Got the korum accessory when it first came out, must be ten years old now, never had a problem with it.
    They do a feeder arm with two stabilising legs on,I have one, it hardly moves at all if set up correctly.
    Big fan of korum gear, never let me down, got lots of it.

Another vote for the Korum chair. I have the feeder arm with the stabilisers which have the cork screw ends they hold fast in the ground and never had a problem with movement

I got the Nash PegOne chair, as said above if you attach the legs, there's usually no problem; I'm clumsy though and tend to knock a rod off the rest occasionally when I'm wearing an un-zipped jacket (i.e. the corner of the jacket does it - not me )

The other problem (when using two rods) with it is that there isn't much space in between each rod.
    Last edited by iannate; 02-11-2015 at 18:26. Reason: there's never enough fs

Thanks for the feedback, it looks like the Korum is a good bet, especially with the armrest to help him-Dad- get out quick to net one for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bleak View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, it looks like the Korum is a good bet, especially with the armrest to help him-Dad- get out quick to net one for me!
    Have a look at the Preston Monster feeder chair: same company, slightly different style to the Korum chairs. All the Korum add-ons/fittings are interchangeable.

Preston Innovations Monster Feeder Chair – Chapmans Angling
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

I replaced a Nash Indulgence that caught the Binka Virus after 4 or 5 years of faithful service with a Korum chair. I was very uncomfortable on the Korum chair, I do have a bad back though. I sold it and bought the Korum Delux chair (it seemed much better in the shop!) two months later I had to sell it and I went back to a Nash Indulgence for me this is comfortable for much longer than a Korum. I have fitted the Indulgence with Korum any chair adapters to allow for accessories, but rod rests do wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by sagalout View Post
    I replaced a Nash Indulgence that caught the Binka Virus after 4 or 5 years of faithful service with a Korum chair. I was very uncomfortable on the Korum chair, I do have a bad back though. I sold it and bought the Korum Delux chair (it seemed much better in the shop!) two months later I had to sell it and I went back to a Nash Indulgence for me this is comfortable for much longer than a Korum. I have fitted the Indulgence with Korum any chair adapters to allow for accessories, but rod rests do wobble.
    I have just been looking online, and the indulgence range of chairs really do look "ace"

Quote Originally Posted by bleak View Post
    indulgence range of chairs really do look "ace"
    For me the only downside is weight but no more than any chair that will be comfortable for a reasonable time. I have overcome some of the weight problem by cutting the legs and back off.