''The ignore list''

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
In the time that I have been a member on ''Fishing Magic'' not once have I employed this option.

My question is, are those that do of a delicate disposition, or can things really be so irritating to them to make them use this option. Or is there more to this than I appreciate.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hope I'm not on your list Derek, I can understand if you have Corker and Lord Paul on it their on mine ??

robtherake

Reaction score
I suppose it's useful where someone makes a tiresome pain of themselves on a personal level, if the mods allow them to get away with it. Funnily enough, now the repeat offenders seem to have been ejected the forum's a much more civilised place to visit.

I've never felt the need to put anyone on ignore, although I have given it some thought with regard to a small number of the more irksome individuals. Their twaddle possesses no entertainment value (once you've heard one...) and they also have the annoying habit of aborting the best threads.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've just had a PM that you've made a post Derek.............;)

Seriously though no, everyone is entitled to their opinion and my skin is thicker than the PASC.................:)

thecrow

Reaction score
Yes I have used it 3 times, the first was a member that in the end hung himself, the second was someone that I found very irritating which was a shame as he might be a decent angler (or not ;) ) I have removed him from the list anyway, the 3rd was yesterday and I will be leaving that as is.

None of this was because I am a sensitive sort, it was done merely to keep my enjoyment of FM at the level it is normally at.

I wonder how many that will read this thread will start to wonder if they are on anyone's list :)

Last edited:

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes I have used it 3 times, the first was a member that in the end hung himself, the second was someone that I found very irritating which was a shame as he might be a decent angler (or not ;) ) I have removed him from the list anyway, the 3rd was yesterday and I will be leaving that as is.

None of this was because I am a sensitive sort, it was done merely to keep my enjoyment of FM at the level it is normally at.

I wonder how many that will read this thread will start to wonder if they are on anyone's list :)
I know it's not me, I'm a good boy Crowie ?

bracket

Reaction score
I did not know there was an ignore button. Now I do, it changes nothing. If anyone wants to harass me, go ahead, but be warned, you do so at your own risk. I am a past master at it. Pete.

B

binka

Never used the ignore button, if I do I reckon it will be time to call it a day on the forum as that will be the time when something enjoyable becomes a hassle.

There was the one time when I tried to put myself on ignore but it didn't work... :)

Morespiders

Reaction score
I use it and I think it's great. I think of it as a sort of personalised spam filter. Wish I had one on my phone for PPI cold calls !

I'm sure I'm on some bodies and that bothers me not one whit.

OO are yer?

rubio

Reaction score
As with others I was unaware of a button; I guess I share with most the capacity to apply 'ignore' status to that which does not interest me anyway.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I did not know there was an ignore button. Now I do, it changes nothing. If anyone wants to harass me, go ahead, but be warned, you do so at your own risk. I am a past master at it. Pete.

Its no good being a past master :D:D

Give as good as you get, I haven't used the ignore button, but if that Bloody Spider keeps popping up :wh:eek::eek:mg:

All in all, the members here are sound, theres good threads, banter and fish ins. what more do you need.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I once pressed the ignore button by mistake and wondered why Cakey an ex member wasn't on anymore that went on for six months until I realised

trotter2

Reaction score
Never used it. What I find is anyone that infuriating in the end seals there own fate and ultimately gets BANNED of the site. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to happen. No need for it really the site is better without them :)

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Give as good as you get

There-in lies the problem Ray, this post is a true and good example of a bit of banter, but some people can't help themselves and take it personally or feel the need to defend their point of view taking it to the extremes; this is not good.

We all have the right to get things wrong, be thick and stupid or mis-understand on occasion (I'm a master at all of these :D); all of these things can be sorted out without anyone getting upset by simply talking. Failing that the ignore button can come to the rescue.

We've all witnessed the way posts can escalate into complete pointlessness, ignoring is the way to go:cool:

Last edited: