Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ''The ignore list''

In the time that I have been a member on ''Fishing Magic'' not once have I employed this option.

My question is, are those that do of a delicate disposition, or can things really be so irritating to them to make them use this option. Or is there more to this than I appreciate.

Default Re: ''The ignore list''

Hope I'm not on your list Derek, I can understand if you have Corker and Lord Paul on it their on mine 👻👻
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

I suppose it's useful where someone makes a tiresome pain of themselves on a personal level, if the mods allow them to get away with it. Funnily enough, now the repeat offenders seem to have been ejected the forum's a much more civilised place to visit.

I've never felt the need to put anyone on ignore, although I have given it some thought with regard to a small number of the more irksome individuals. Their twaddle possesses no entertainment value (once you've heard one...) and they also have the annoying habit of aborting the best threads.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

I've just had a PM that you've made a post Derek.............

Seriously though no, everyone is entitled to their opinion and my skin is thicker than the PASC.................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

Yes I have used it 3 times, the first was a member that in the end hung himself, the second was someone that I found very irritating which was a shame as he might be a decent angler (or not ) I have removed him from the list anyway, the 3rd was yesterday and I will be leaving that as is.

None of this was because I am a sensitive sort, it was done merely to keep my enjoyment of FM at the level it is normally at.

I wonder how many that will read this thread will start to wonder if they are on anyone's list
    Last edited by thecrow; 27-11-2015 at 19:15.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

I didn't know there was an ignore button, think my missus uses it on me when i've had a beer

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
    Yes I have used it 3 times, the first was a member that in the end hung himself, the second was someone that I found very irritating which was a shame as he might be a decent angler (or not ) I have removed him from the list anyway, the 3rd was yesterday and I will be leaving that as is.

None of this was because I am a sensitive sort, it was done merely to keep my enjoyment of FM at the level it is normally at.

I wonder how many that will read this thread will start to wonder if they are on anyone's list
    I know it's not me, I'm a good boy Crowie 👻
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morespiders View Post
    I know it's not me, I'm a good boy Crowie 👻
    Always have been, and anyway I would never ignore anyone with your record catching credentials
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

I did not know there was an ignore button. Now I do, it changes nothing. If anyone wants to harass me, go ahead, but be warned, you do so at your own risk. I am a past master at it. Pete.
    Casternets

binka Guest

Never used the ignore button, if I do I reckon it will be time to call it a day on the forum as that will be the time when something enjoyable becomes a hassle.

There was the one time when I tried to put myself on ignore but it didn't work...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast