Fish to be euthanised to deter angling!!!!

The bad one

Reaction score
Oooh it couldn't be could it that the reason the fish are not very well is a stress environment that they live in, due to poor oxygen levels caused by all the duck sh!t put in it from the very bad diet, (Oh no, more Fing bread!) the public feed the poor sods could it? Yes I think so! Nice to see the Partnership taking professional advice as to what the problem rally is.....not!

wanderer

Reaction score
Looks to me like some careless berks and stupid anglers have been hooking the birds on a regular basis, surface fishing and the like, this is what happens when anglers do not follow sensible protocol, we had an incident at Billing Aquadrome where 2 large catfish were killed and goose eggs had protection notices put near them, takes all kinds to make a world and collateral damage must be avoided.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I think the article is confusing when it says the fish are to be killed to deter angling on a lake where angling is banned anyway, later it says that an aerator has to be left on constantly because oxygen levels are so low because the number of fish increased due to the fishing ban !

The fish apparantley are full of parasites and so cannot be moved.

No poaching there then

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

The plain fact is some anglers do leave line behind , I know because I have cleaned it up and if you have to pull for a break you will also leave line behind too.

Paddlers always complain about this when mentioning anglers.

B

binka

It's plain and simple to me.

Just another third party casualty, in this case fish, being punished as a result of inaction to punish those that seem incapable of following simple rules eg. the prats that fish for them where it's not allowed.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Some people are that fixated with their cause, for example locally to me Attenborough gravel pit certain sections of it got filled in to create a 'bird sanctuary'in the name of reservation of nature!

Guess what happened to the wildlife like the residents bream? But if they are not soft and fluffy the RSPCA, and/or going to get them positive press. They don't care a damm!

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk

bracket

Reaction score
I think it's a brilliant idea . The next application should be applied to the Houses of Parliment in an attempt to deter voting. Pete.

sam vimes

Reaction score
To be fair to them, it may well be a damned effective way to deter angling. Unfortunately, their ill-advised scheme may just reduce the bird life on the water too. There's certainly no danger of any kind of fish predator visiting the water if it has no fish. They may also find that the pond itself becomes a horrible stinking hole in fairly short order. Park ponds with excessive numbers of ducks and geese, people chucking lots of bread at them and no fish to mop up after them, can leave a water pretty manky.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the article is confusing when it says the fish are to be killed to deter angling on a lake where angling is banned anyway,

Angling is NOT BANNED on this venue.

There is just a relatively small section that is "out of bounds" to anglers.

Take a look at this and you will see that the fish are not full of parasites but in fact are healthy.

Fast forward to around 20 minutes and see the female from the "Friends of the Park" complaining that anglers show "total disrespect for the wildlife" . . . . . . and then

COMPARE HER COMMENT TO THE SAME GROUP WHO WANT TO KILL ALL THE FISH IN THE LAKE . . . . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Wzfmg7fjc

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes is from last year, but according to friends who fish there regularly it is still the current case.

The same friends tell me that there was a little trouble some months ago with one or two hooligans who tried night fishing there, and that is what has caused a lot of this recent anti-angler action from the so-called "Friends of the Park"

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
There is a strong lobby of conservationists in this country who would like to see angling banned on the grounds of cruelty.

These are the same people who belong to PETA and any right minded angler should appose them at every opportunity.

The Bristol situation is deplorable and should be apposed by all anglers, lets hope the Angling trust are on the case.

Because this is exactly the type of anti angling situation that they must fight.

Bob

tom_moran

Reaction score
I would but have no idea how to send it to them. I'll have a look later as I'm out shopping atm

flightliner

Reaction score
Whatever the whys and wherefors of this thread I dont think the angler confronted by the woman did angling any favours.

tom_moran

Reaction score
That's not half of it flightliner http://www.stgeorgenp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AdverseEffectsAnglingStGPark.pdf

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Sounds like idiot bivvy boys are to blame entirely. And the pond gets blue green algae which is possibly why the fish can't be moved. Sad to say it but the proposed action sounds like it may be the only viable option. Or they just remove the carp, may help.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
That's not half of it flightliner http://www.stgeorgenp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AdverseEffectsAnglingStGPark.pdf

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Sounds like idiot bivvy boys are to blame entirely. And the pond gets blue green algae which is possibly why the fish can't be moved. Sad to say it but the proposed action sounds like it may be the only viable option. Or they just remove the carp, may help.
Surly the lake can be treated to improve the water quality?

I don't think many fishery managers would call time on a lake for algae! To say it idoit Carp anglers to blame grates me a bit, idoit anglers leaving litter and line around I'd take but creating divisions as anglers is not a good thing.

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk