Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Fish to be euthanised to deter angling!!!!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fish to be euthanised to deter angling!!!!

Only goes to show how the none fishing public view fish, would it be the same if they were fury little things, Otters perhaps
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Blog Entries

Oooh it couldn't be could it that the reason the fish are not very well is a stress environment that they live in, due to poor oxygen levels caused by all the duck sh!t put in it from the very bad diet, (Oh no, more Fing bread!) the public feed the poor sods could it? Yes I think so! Nice to see the Partnership taking professional advice as to what the problem rally is.....not!

Blog Entries

Looks like a good opportunity for the Angling Trust to become engaged with together with fish Legal . . . . . .
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 19-12-2015 at 16:28.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Looks to me like some careless berks and stupid anglers have been hooking the birds on a regular basis, surface fishing and the like, this is what happens when anglers do not follow sensible protocol, we had an incident at Billing Aquadrome where 2 large catfish were killed and goose eggs had protection notices put near them, takes all kinds to make a world and collateral damage must be avoided.

I think the article is confusing when it says the fish are to be killed to deter angling on a lake where angling is banned anyway, later it says that an aerator has to be left on constantly because oxygen levels are so low because the number of fish increased due to the fishing ban !

The fish apparantley are full of parasites and so cannot be moved.

No poaching there then

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

The plain fact is some anglers do leave line behind , I know because I have cleaned it up and if you have to pull for a break you will also leave line behind too.

Paddlers always complain about this when mentioning anglers.

binka Guest

It's plain and simple to me.

Just another third party casualty, in this case fish, being punished as a result of inaction to punish those that seem incapable of following simple rules eg. the prats that fish for them where it's not allowed.

Some people are that fixated with their cause, for example locally to me Attenborough gravel pit certain sections of it got filled in to create a 'bird sanctuary'in the name of reservation of nature!

Guess what happened to the wildlife like the residents bream? But if they are not soft and fluffy the RSPCA, and/or going to get them positive press. They don't care a damm!

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk

I think it's a brilliant idea . The next application should be applied to the Houses of Parliment in an attempt to deter voting. Pete.
    Casternets

To be fair to them, it may well be a damned effective way to deter angling. Unfortunately, their ill-advised scheme may just reduce the bird life on the water too. There's certainly no danger of any kind of fish predator visiting the water if it has no fish. They may also find that the pond itself becomes a horrible stinking hole in fairly short order. Park ponds with excessive numbers of ducks and geese, people chucking lots of bread at them and no fish to mop up after them, can leave a water pretty manky.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast