Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    binka Guest

Default The last cast of the year...

Is anyone out tomorrow to get their last cast of the year in?

I'm just rigging up now, as the river has fallen considerably but looking set to rise again I reckon I will take advantage of the extra colour and get a zander session in.

Difficult, but not impossible.

Likely I will be out with a mate the following day too so I may just leave the same kit rigged up and ready to go.

Anyone else out wetting a line tomorrow to see out the year or have you planned your first session of the New Year yet?

Default Re: The last cast of the year...

Oh yes, I shall be out...................that is, unless it's really filthy weather such as driving rain AND wind! I've got a sheltered still water that will do just fine.

If I look outside now it blowing real hooley but I understand it should subside through the night although the weather men cannot really give an accurate picture so I will have the bait ready to go and hope for the best......

At the end of the day, I'd rather be out and catch ziltch than mope around the house..

I shall be splodging through the countryside with a flag and a stick. That'll leave me with just three days to get some fishing in before I supplement my pension by actually doing some work!

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    Is anyone out tomorrow to get their last cast of the year in?

I'm just rigging up now, as the river has fallen considerably but looking set to rise again I reckon I will take advantage of the extra colour and get a zander session in.

Difficult, but not impossible.

Likely I will be out with a mate the following day too so I may just leave the same kit rigged up and ready to go.

Anyone else out wetting a line tomorrow to see out the year or have you planned your first session of the New Year yet?
    Have a good one Steve.its gonna be wet and windy,but hey,is better than sitting indoors,or worse still where ill be- Working!!
    I had 2 matches booked this week for monday and tuesday,but the cambelt went on the car,as i was going on monday the end result is me having to get a new car,which is being delivered next tuesday,my only day off next week as well!!!!!-so no fishingGazza

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chefster View Post
    Have a good one Steve.its gonna be wet and windy,but hey,is better than sitting indoors,or worse still where ill be- Working!!
    I had 2 matches booked this week for monday and tuesday,but the cambelt went on the car,as i was going on monday the end result is me having to get a new car,which is being delivered next tuesday,my only day off next week as well!!!!!-so no fishingGazza

Cheers Gaz.

Feel for you on the cam belt mate, been there myself and it's the last thing anyone needs.

All the best to you too and hope you're back out on the water soon fella

I plan to get a few hours on the Kennet and Avon canal tomorrow.

Been a few times recently and a good spot if the weather isn't too good as it is quite sheltered. Also a decent towpath so mud not too much of an issue.

Good luck to whoever does get out.

Not until a couple of days after New Year. I've not bothered over the last few winters, but having been inspired by the fine gentlemen who regularly post mind-boggling pictures on the "How'd you get on..." thread, I'll be tramping through the mud like a pro! Good luck, gents and I wish you all a fabulous 2016, on and off the bank. Cheers.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post

Cheers Gaz.

Feel for you on the cam belt mate, been there myself and it's the last thing anyone needs.

All the best to you too and hope you're back out on the water soon fella
    I fish all year round anyway mate,Ice breaking etc,so a couple of weeks wont hurt me -much

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I had my last cast of 2015 about 2 weeks ago. I have tried to get out since but work, Christmas, Mrs S and some really **** work by the Met Office have done for me. I was going yesterday but the MO said clearing skies and it stayed cloudy. No problem I'll go today....but the MO said heavy rain by 10 am....which didn't arrive until nearly 5 pm.

So that's me stuffed. Mild weather gone, bright sun tomorrow and falling temps towards evening. All of which to me says the zander will have gone right off. So its a lie in or the M25 on New Years Eve for a nailed on blank. No thank you.....I don't need it that badly.

I am out saturday, got to go to Slough tomorrow to price up a job, and the guy can't get there until 11.30am, so that stuffed the day up.

Gives me the chance to try out the new rod, one of my sons bought me for christmas. I broke my quiver rod a few weeks back, so Tom got me a new one, good lad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast