Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Motivation''

Default ''Motivation''

Leaving aside the pleasure aspect, ''difficult I know'', but what motivates you to keep plodding on.

Is it a quest for a particular fish, size of fish, or bag of fish. In my own case it was always to catch the best specimen of any species that grabbed my interest.

I know there are some anglers that would say just being there is sufficient. But for me the icing on the cake would be a conclusion for my efforts.

binka Guest

Default Re: ''Motivation''

I agree that it's nice to get a result Derek.

For me it's just being beside water and doing what I enjoy the most, the whole atmosphere and anticipation of it along with the variety of methods and species to go at.

I do have my preoccupations and nothing is more satisfying than netting that intended and hard won prize but I don't need it for motivation, it's often nice to break off from certain prolonged campaigns and just chuck a float out and get back to basics for a few bites.

I just love my fishing, no motivation needed

Blog Entries

For me I think it is different things on different days.

Some days then just being there is more than sufficient for me whereas on other days it is the best success on the day given the prevailing conditions, and that can be anything from maybe just a few bites to a netful of gleaming Dace or vermilion-finned Roach with maybe a decent sized Chub thrown into the mix.

If I am fishing an all too rare match these days then the motivation is altogether different as the competitive spirit seems to get aroused as much now as it did 25 years ago . . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Nothing is motivating me at the moment. I'm having one of my periodic "cant be ar$ed" spells. I don't know why....it just happens sometimes.

It's a Buzz for me, at all times.

Like many others', getting the prize species you are after, is the cherry on top of the cake.

Said it before, IF i ever lost the Buzz, then it's time to stop.

Derek

I don't need motivation, as long as my health is okay I Go Fishing.

If people need motivation to go , they should look for another hobby.

Bob
    http://www.calmproductions.com/acatalog.com/ospreysg.html#aOSPREY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hornegold View Post
    ...I don't need motivation, as long as my health is okay I Go Fishing....
    Speaking of health, Bob - how are you getting on? - I remember you had to miss out on the LIF - hope you're able to get out and get some in!
    Cheers

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hornegold View Post
    If people need motivation to go , they should look for another hobby.
    Go to disagree with you there, Bob. For me its a hobby...its never been an obsession and it never has and never will rule my life. Doesn't mean I'm not committed when I do go but I have other things to think about and do.

I am like most of the respondents. I just enjoy being on the bankside, particularly if the weather is good. Also there is a big thrill in watching a float slide away or a rod tip or alarm signal a strong bite. I was away from fishing for many years, playing other sports or pastimes and I now know what I've been missing. Just love everything about this absorbing sport.

Quote Originally Posted by mike47 View Post
    I am like most of the respondents. I just enjoy being on the bankside, particularly if the weather is good. Also there is a big thrill in watching a float slide away or a rod tip or alarm signal a strong bite. I was away from fishing for many years, playing other sports or pastimes and I now know what I've been missing. Just love everything about this absorbing sport.
    True Mike, you say ''particularly if the weather is good''. But motivation is vital if you were stood on some remote Fenland drain in the depth of Winter with a searching, bone chilling wind that finds its way through any chink in your clothing, I know i've done it many times. That would be my definition of motivation, and perhaps a little madness. But it works for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast