Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New tackle

Default New tackle

Hi tanglers
    been saving\spending new landing net an handal arrived looks great feels good just need to get out an use them any one else got new gear to use yet

Blog Entries

Default Re: New tackle

The wife bought me a Shimano Stradic 4000S GTM-RC reel which I still need to load some line onto before I can try it out on the river.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

A drop shotting rod and reel in the shed I haven't touched, bought them a year ago

3 travel rods I bought 2 years ago. Never been anywhere to use them. May be this year.

A new weigh sling damm it

A tub of Dinsmore - can't remembed where I left 'em..........
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

loads of frozen seafood from tesco, my new baiting strategy for this year, plus nuts.

I have a new shimano 4000 baitrunner, which I bought specifically for the Tench pit I will be targeting I'm spring. Can't wait to crack it out

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by iannate View Post
    A drop shotting rod and reel in the shed I haven't touched, bought them a year ago
    If my experiences of drop shotting are anything to go by best leave them there. You'll catch no fewer fish if you do !

I admit to purchasing a pair of Drennan Series 7 x 1,5lb tc rods complete with Shimano baitrunner reels loaded with 8lb line for tench fishing, that now sit languishing in an upstairs room where they have been for the last two years ( or more ) .....In that time they have been used probably twice.
    It seemed a good idea at the time and all is not lost as to future usage, but I have to break the spell of roach fishing which has had me in its grasp for some time.

Perhaps this year I will drag them down to the Estate lake once frequented by Jerry ( and possibly still by S-Kippy ) and give them a whirl ....Yes, that's what I'll do instead of chasing roach.............but then we have the crucians of early summer mornings and......

........................just how is one supposed to find the time, but I do look longingly at those rods ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast