Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tools for Bait Preparation

I don't know about you guys, but I have two very important tools for preparing bait.

1st, Is a food processor, mine has multi blades for cutting etc etc.

2nd, Is a Tea Urn, I can soak my baits in this, then cook them when ready. I have been tempted to make a cuppa tea whilst the bait is cooking, but not so sure what hemp, or particle tea would taste like.

Do you have a must have tool for your bait preparation ??

binka Guest

Default Re: Tools for Bait Preparation

Apart from an array of buckets in all sizes my groundbait riddle probably sees the most use along with an old umbrella spoke which I use as a munga stirrer.

Lots of plastic jars come in handy for glugging and storing smaller amounts of hookbait, the blender usually sees more use in the summer than anything.

A food processor ,a pellet pump,bait bowls,GB,maggot,and pinkie riddles,glug pots...On the bank,bread and meat punches,baiting needles,pellet banders,breadpunch box,GB bowls..Gazza

If it's really cold I use a loudhailer to wake my squats up......

For me pretty straightforward: Various maggot riddles and trays, for preparing maggot and casters. A pellet pump for expanders and, most important of all, a bait fridge. Pete.
    Casternets

A gigantic boiling pot for particle brews and several large plastic buckets for fermenting it all in, the indispensable liquidiser and a big covered heap of rotted horse dung to keep my redworm and brandling supply in.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

One of those single electric cooking rings and a big old saucepan for hemp and wheat.

It cooks in the shed as my sandwich maker doesn't like the fabulous smell of cooking hemp indoors.
    I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    One of those single electric cooking rings and a big old saucepan for hemp and wheat.

It cooks in the shed as my sandwich maker doesn't like the fabulous smell of cooking hemp indoors.
    I don't know why.
    Mine doesn't either - I love that smell! Can't see what all the fuss is about, meself....
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Blog Entries

I use all the usual suspects for bait preparation.
    Nothing different from above.
    Only use plastic this time of year, a lot more user friendly so keeps my gaffer happy.

Quote Originally Posted by robtherake View Post
    A gigantic boiling pot for particle brews and several large plastic buckets for fermenting it all in, the indispensable liquidiser and a big covered heap of rotted horse dung to keep my redworm and brandling supply in.
    Want to invest in a set of stainless steel boiling cauldrons Rob, got a fantastic set of E-Bay for twenty quid, leave to ferment in these and boil in the same vessels, i keep mine in the garage, and every couple of days warm them up, not boil after the initial boiling. The molasses and salt seem to preserve it for ever, and to rewarm, the camping stove in the garage does the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast