Tools for Bait Preparation

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I have two very important tools for preparing bait.

1st, Is a food processor, mine has multi blades for cutting etc etc.

2nd, Is a Tea Urn, I can soak my baits in this, then cook them when ready. I have been tempted to make a cuppa tea whilst the bait is cooking, but not so sure what hemp, or particle tea would taste like.

Do you have a must have tool for your bait preparation ??

B

binka

Apart from an array of buckets in all sizes my groundbait riddle probably sees the most use along with an old umbrella spoke which I use as a munga stirrer.

Lots of plastic jars come in handy for glugging and storing smaller amounts of hookbait, the blender usually sees more use in the summer than anything.

Chefster

Reaction score
A food processor ,a pellet pump,bait bowls,GB,maggot,and pinkie riddles,glug pots...On the bank,bread and meat punches,baiting needles,pellet banders,breadpunch box,GB bowls..Gazza

bracket

Reaction score
For me pretty straightforward: Various maggot riddles and trays, for preparing maggot and casters. A pellet pump for expanders and, most important of all, a bait fridge. Pete.

robtherake

Reaction score
A gigantic boiling pot for particle brews and several large plastic buckets for fermenting it all in, the indispensable liquidiser and a big covered heap of rotted horse dung to keep my redworm and brandling supply in. :)

john step

Reaction score
One of those single electric cooking rings and a big old saucepan for hemp and wheat.

It cooks in the shed as my sandwich maker doesn't like the fabulous smell of cooking hemp indoors.:wh
I don't know why.

robtherake

Reaction score
One of those single electric cooking rings and a big old saucepan for hemp and wheat.

It cooks in the shed as my sandwich maker doesn't like the fabulous smell of cooking hemp indoors.:wh
I don't know why.

Mine doesn't either - I love that smell! Can't see what all the fuss is about, meself....:wh

rayner

Reaction score
I use all the usual suspects for bait preparation.
Nothing different from above.
Only use plastic this time of year, a lot more user friendly so keeps my gaffer happy.

wanderer

Reaction score
A gigantic boiling pot for particle brews and several large plastic buckets for fermenting it all in, the indispensable liquidiser and a big covered heap of rotted horse dung to keep my redworm and brandling supply in. :)

Want to invest in a set of stainless steel boiling cauldrons Rob, got a fantastic set of E-Bay for twenty quid, leave to ferment in these and boil in the same vessels, i keep mine in the garage, and every couple of days warm them up, not boil after the initial boiling. The molasses and salt seem to preserve it for ever, and to rewarm, the camping stove in the garage does the job.

sagalout

Reaction score
I use the kitchen liquidiser. When I cook hemp I just used a kitchen saucepan and the cooker. I wanted a meat cutter til I saw the price so I cut it up using a kitchen knife and chopping board. I have a couple of 2 litre clip lock boxes that i use to glug coarse pellets in oils. I have a pellet pump but haven't used it for ages.

ciprinus

Reaction score
i dont use many tools as my sandwich maker doubles up as a maggot riddler, bread liquidiser and a timer for my particle boiling,,,"OI THAT CRAPS BEEN ON LONG ENOUGH"

works for me :wh:wh

wanderer

Reaction score
Your a cracker mate, nearly swallowed me donut laughing, i take it that she has a Brummy accent.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Tea Urn's are £30 a pop in Aldi, a mate of mine got one last week, don't know the make.

Mine is made by swan, soak the particles then boil them without having to change buckets pots etc etc.