Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lightweight fishing chair

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crosskey 2 View Post

The prestige lightweight recliner looks ok Prestige Lightweight Recliner Chair

Again, never seen one in the flesh, but seems to be the lightest out there with a full reclining system.

The Prestige is a very good chair. One thing about it is the length of the seat itself, could be a problem if fishing a very tight swim. It is very comfy and the back has a good recliner system.

I also have the Nash Nomad, but be careful, the new model has camo in the middle padded part of the seat. A big mistake IMHO.

I've got the Korum Supalite chair and think it's great. It's 3kg so similar to the other "lite" chairs mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Daywalker Clarke View Post
    The Prestige is a very good chair. One thing about it is the length of the seat itself, could be a problem if fishing a very tight swim. It is very comfy and the back has a good recliner system.

I also have the Nash Nomad, but be careful, the new model has camo in the middle padded part of the seat. A big mistake IMHO.
    Might make it a bit tricky lining your ar$e up then - Oh $hit, missed the 'effin chair again and landed in the reeds.................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    Might make it a bit tricky lining your ar$e up then - Oh $hit, missed the 'effin chair again and landed in the reeds.................
    Camo or no camo I'm guaranteed to do that several times every season without fail.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Blog Entries

On the subject of slopping backs on chairs, if the back goes back too far, take a brush stale whittle one end down by 3/4 -1 inch so it fits inside the tube after you've taken the plastic plugs out of it. Cut at an angle of 30 degrees roughly its 1 in to 3/4 in. Fit the 2 equal sized bugs in the tube, drill a small hole 1/8in 1/2 in from the end of the tube and screw in a self-tapper screw to secure the bugs in so they don't drop out when you're carrying it as the wood does shrink at bit. This brings the back forward more than the original plastic bugs.

I have a second chair which is a Fishrite Xtreme lite, same weight as the JRC that I did it with, works perfectly well with the wooden bugs in to bring the back forward. Sadly, Fishrite are no more, so you can't get their chairs unless they come up on fleebay.
    As to the back keep coming forward Tee Cee, tighten the nuts up on the back where it joins the frame should sort it out.

Straps for chairs, college bags have straps that do the job just fine if you put two heavy duty cable ties around the frame seat side of the back legs.
    Last edited by The bad one; 01-03-2016 at 00:29.

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    .....Straps for chairs, college bags have straps that do the job just fine if you put two heavy duty cable ties around the frame seat side of the back legs.
    A useful set of tips there, Phill. I find the HD cable ties very useful for modifying chairs - particularly if you use them to bind on large key-ring size split rings first - then you can clip on other accoutrements - using carabiners or similar spring-loaded clips.

One of my fishing stool/bags has a back which also has the collapsing habit - I used a bungee-strap to secure it in the upright position when in-use - it has the added advantage that it helps the chair to unfold quickly when needed.

Similarly I use a longer bungee strap around the back of my lightweight 30-Plus chair - which can be used to stop the thing unfolding in transit and secures the weighing mat tucked thereto.

Anyone got any more bright ideas for quick, cheap n cheerful, DIY mods to fishing chairs - preferably without needing an engineering workshop to implement them?

qtaran111........The Korum Supalite chair you mentioned ; Do the legs actually ' lock ' in position when they are open ?? ( As do the JRC X-lite legs which are locked by way of a spring loaded pins front and back )

Not easy to see any form of locking mechanism in the pics I've seen, so as you have one can you confirm.....

Top job, The bad one !!
    Last edited by Tee-Cee; 01-03-2016 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    On the subject of slopping backs on chairs, if the back goes back too far, take a brush stale whittle one end down by 3/4 -1 inch so it fits inside the tube after you've taken the plastic plugs out of it. Cut at an angle of 30 degrees roughly its 1 in to 3/4 in. Fit the 2 equal sized bugs in the tube, drill a small hole 1/8in 1/2 in from the end of the tube and screw in a self-tapper screw to secure the bugs in so they don't drop out when you're carrying it as the wood does shrink at bit. This brings the back forward more than the original plastic bugs.

I have a second chair which is a Fishrite Xtreme lite, same weight as the JRC that I did it with, works perfectly well with the wooden bugs in to bring the back forward. Sadly, Fishrite are no more, so you can't get their chairs unless they come up on fleebay.
    As to the back keep coming forward Tee Cee, tighten the nuts up on the back where it joins the frame should sort it out.

Straps for chairs, college bags have straps that do the job just fine if you put two heavy duty cable ties around the frame seat side of the back legs.
    Good tip, but by the time you have carried all the tools and your gear to the swim, then done the work, its time to go home

Nomad and the Prestige chairs, both come with straps.

Now be fair Clarky, how the **** would I find a camo chair in this lot.................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    Now be fair Clarky, how the **** would I find a camo chair in this lot.................
    I hope you don't wear camo trousers in that lot, you will end up Pi££ing yourself

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast