Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Lightweight fishing chair

Can anyone reccommend a comfy lightweight chair suitable for walks when fishing swims a mile or two along the river bank? Adustable legs are a must.
    I've just sold my korum accessory chair that I only used about three times as it was just to bulky and heavy for me, besides the fact that I just didn't like it...the money recouped from it's sale will go towards a new chair.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated .

binka Guest

Default Re: Lightweight fishing chair

The Nash Nomad Indulgence would be a contender Ian at just over 4kg, it's about the most comfortable chair of its type that I've had (destroyed!).

However...

I've just bought a JRC Stealth X-LIte chair which is featherweight at around 3kg, you barely know you're carrying it and I reckon it might actually go the duration as it has been fine for three or four weeks now unlike the JRC Contact which I destroyed in between two Nomads in under three weeks.

Edited to add...

A bit of an odd story in that mine is not the latest version.

Back in the early part of last year I phoned Climax in Chesterfield and asked if they would put me an X-Lite to one side to make sure they had it before travelling over there but I had second thoughts and never bothered.

I went over early this year and asked if they had one as there wasn't one on display and one of the guys there said he was sure he'd seen one somewhere in the stock room.

He came back with the chair all nicely boxed up with a post it note on it saying "reserved for Steve", it was clearly the one I had asked them to reserve almost a year earlier and he said it must have been there some time and needed clearing out.

He asked me if I was Steve, to which I replied...

No!
    Last edited by binka; 28-02-2016 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    The Nash Nomad Indulgence would be a contender Ian at just over 4kg, it's about the most comfortable chair of its type that I've had (destroyed!).

However...

I've just bought a JRC Stealth X-LIte chair which is featherweight at around 3kg, you barely know you're carrying it and I reckon it might actually go the duration as it has been fine for three or four weeks now unlike the JRC Contact which I destroyed in between two Nomads in under three weeks.
    Thank's Steve, funny enough those are two of the ones i'm thinking of, the other is the chub hi lite.
    I also noticed another JRC chair similar to the X-lite but it's a bit heavier and has a reclining facility. Being honest I don't think i'm interested in having a recliner as it's all just added weight.

LOL, did you get it discounted since it was cluttering the place up? .

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Thank's Steve, funny enough those are two of the ones i'm thinking of, the other is the chub hi lite.
    I also noticed another JRC chair similar to the X-lite but it's a bit heavier and has a reclining facility. Being honest I don't think i'm interested in having a recliner as it's all just added weight.

LOL, did you get it discounted since it was cluttering the place up? .
    I don't know the Chub chair Ian but honestly don't think you'll go wrong with either of the others although I would opt for the X-Lite having had both.

I don't like the camo infill cushion on the new Nomad... It makes me feel all carpy!

Can't remember what I paid for the X-LIte, I was just glad to get out of there unrumbled!

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    I don't know the Chub chair Ian but honestly don't think you'll go wrong with either of the others although I would opt for the X-Lite having had both.

I don't like the camo infill cushion on the new Nomad... It makes me feel all carpy!

Can't remember what I paid for the X-LIte, I was just glad to get out of there unrumbled!
    LOL....unrumbled .

I'll take your word for it Steve, as soon as I get chance i'll pop over to NWA and have a look at one. I think they're selling them at just over 50 notes so the korum chair money will pay for it .

Blog Entries

Ian the JRC X-lite is the one you want, had mine 6 years with no probs and it's comfy. I regularly fall a sleep on mine and doze for 15 or so minutes

Mart nephew picked his up off Ebay for £30 plus p&p. It was like new, only give away was some dirt on the base of the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    Ian the JRC X-lite is the one you want, had mine 6 years with no probs and it's comfy. I regularly fall a sleep on mine and doze for 15 or so minutes

Mart nephew picked his up off Ebay for £30 plus p&p. It was like new, only give away was some dirt on the base of the feet.

Thank's Phil, looks like i'll be getting one of them then .

Blog Entries

I have had a Chub Hi Lite for a number of years, its never let me down and I aint no twiggy
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

I am looking for exactly he same thing. The only extra thing I need is for the legs to be adjustable to a good height, as I'm a tall person and don't want to be sitting too low.
    Can anyone say if the JRC X-lite will do this?

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robertroach View Post
    I am looking for exactly he same thing. The only extra thing I need is for the legs to be adjustable to a good height, as I'm a tall person and don't want to be sitting too low.
    Can anyone say if the JRC X-lite will do this?
    Without going to a much more substantial type of chair that you would struggle to lug reasonable distances the X-Lite is as high as they come from what I've seen.

I'm around 6' and it doesn't cause me any problems, there's far more extending leg than the Nash Nomad.

You would have thought it not too big a task for manufacturers to put the height range on their chairs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast