views on shelf life tigernuts

nova12

Reaction score
Bought some shelf life tigernuts today for 9.99 for 1kg what are your views on these ? Surly they will be just as good as they dynamite tins for £6 or the small growers?
I didn't realise they did shelf life till today when I went in save me buying tins

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
To be honest, i would rather just use Tigernuts for the session i am fishing. Then get more ready the next time I need them. Not a fan of any shelf life baits.

I don't use Tiger Nuts that often, more so mashed up very fine and in a mix, i am not sure that any form of nut has an edge over other baits.

peterjg

Reaction score
Tiger nuts, cooked and then frozen last for ages and are still perfectly acceptable to the carp. However; for best results soak them in water which has sugar in it for at least 12 hours, then bring them to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes then leave them in the water for 4 days and by then they should have released a thick gunky liquid which smells a bit like cider and then they are at their best. Uncooked tiger nuts keep for ages. Use sparingly.