Brennan and Hickman large
aS1
Then BRIlLO for 25 year

Any one using a British built box
Still ?
Think I was lucky enough to buy one of the last Brilo boxes

Andy Pet

Reaction score
I don't think they "folded" as such. The two gents that built the boxes retired.

Shame really as the Brilo's where hand built and a far better build quality than the current trend of boxes available at he moment.

Imagine turning up at a Festival with a Brilo!

I'm using an Octoplus 4 drawer Strongbox - it suits me.

ravey

Reaction score
I have a Watercraft seatbox. One of the early ones, bought in 1992, so almost 25 years ago, and still going strong. Plastic, but rugged and well designed. Suits me and doesn't have the huge footprint that many modern boxes have.

British firm, now no longer going.

Chefster

Reaction score
I used to own a british built "Matchbox",but even most of the components for them are made abroad now i think...OCTBOX are probably one of the only true british made boxes now.they are becoming quite popular on the match circuit..Gazza

soft plastic

Reaction score
I used to own a british built "Matchbox",but even most of the components for them are made abroad now i think...OCTBOX are probably one of the only true british made boxes now.they are becoming quite popular on the match circuit..Gazza
They are made in Germany but designed by an Englishman, Rick Tyler. Just got delivery of one a few days ago. Awesome piece of kit!

robtherake

Reaction score
I owned several wicker baskets, followed by the large B&H box, but since then it's been a succession of chairs (all of which remain unbroken - Binka take note.:))

I bought a Sundridge box with a wheel kit - the type sea anglers use - from the boot sale for four quid. Used to use it where a long walk on level terrain was expected, but these days it's just a bait store.

Last edited: