New matrix method master 9 foot feeder

nova12

Reaction score
Just purchased a new feeder rod as I've been wanting 1 for a while and I've bought the 9 FOOT MATRIX METHOD MASTER and what a cracking rod it is for the money casting and accuracy excellent and also very light with a nice blank.and fish play action is excellent
It also comes with a carbon tip and 1 glass tip what is the diffrence in the tips please ,if anybody can help as I've only ever used glass tips

robtherake

Reaction score
The carbon tip gives a better indication of drop-back bites when you're fishing hard against an island margin. The glass tip's better for spotting shyer bites in open water.
The carbon tip might also hold up a bit better when there's a strong tow on the water - one criticism levelled at the 9ft Method Master when it was launched was that the tip was too soft when the water was pulling, resulting in a loss of sensitivity.

nova12

Reaction score
Thanks there was a bad wind today and the tip was moving alot but most feeders do in wind but could still recognize a carp take.
I might try the carbon tip next time but I do like my softer tips as I like to no if anything is feeding etc.
I think a stiffer tip eradicates all the knocks and signs of fish unless you get a good take

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

The carbon tip gives a better indication of drop-back bites when you're fishing hard against an island margin. The glass tip's better for spotting shyer bites in open water.
The carbon tip might also hold up a bit better when there's a strong tow on the water - one criticism levelled at the 9ft Method Master when it was launched was that the tip was too soft when the water was pulling, resulting in a loss of sensitivity.
Would you reccomend using the 1.7 oz carbon tip over the lighter glass tip for carp up to 4 to 8lb?
When would you need to use a diffrent tip apart from wind etc

tonybull

Reaction score
I've got a couple of Carpmaster rods a bit more expensive than the method master and they come with both 0.5lb and 0.75lb tips that are soft and show up everything.

Idea tips and show everything you need to see whether fishing in the winter for small touches or rod round in the summer.

If the tip tightens up with a bit of tow, then let out some line and wait for a drop back.

I think the designers of the Rods ie Ricky Teal knows a thing or two about rod design for today's angler, think he worked for Preston prior to Matrix/Fox.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Thanks there was a bad wind today and the tip was moving alot but most feeders do in wind but could still recognize a carp take.
I might try the carbon tip next time but I do like my softer tips as I like to no if anything is feeding etc.
I think a stiffer tip eradicates all the knocks and signs of fish unless you get a good take

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Would you reccomend using the 1.7 oz carbon tip over the lighter glass tip for carp up to 4 to 8lb?
When would you need to use a diffrent tip apart from wind etc

Use the stiffer tip when you think the softer tip is affecting your casting overhead.

nova12

Reaction score
I've got a couple of Carpmaster rods a bit more expensive than the method master and they come with both 0.5lb and 0.75lb tips that are soft and show up everything.

Idea tips and show everything you need to see whether fishing in the winter for small touches or rod round in the summer.

If the tip tightens up with a bit of tow, then let out some line and wait for a drop back.

I think the designers of the Rods ie Ricky Teal knows a thing or two about rod design for today's angler, think he worked for Preston prior to Matrix/Fox.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Use the stiffer tip when you think the softer tip is affecting your casting overhead.
I've been using the softer glass 1 today and does show every tap till it wraps round which I think is perfect I only chuck a 24g hybrid feeder or half 0z lead and cone out and coped well with them all.
I don't want to start using the stiffer tip and see nothing till it goes round? What would your advice be thanks

tonybull

Reaction score
I've been using the softer glass 1 today and does show every tap till it wraps round which I think is perfect I only chuck a 24g hybrid feeder or half 0z lead and cone out and coped well with them all.
I don't want to start using the stiffer tip and see nothing till it goes round? What would your advice be thanks

Do what your doing and if its working for you, then carry on.

I use my rods for match fishing and use the soft tips and chuck pellet feeders and bango's on commercials.

I've never known that much tow on a lake to pull my rod tips round to the extent it was doubled round and never registered a bite.

nova12

Reaction score
Do what your doing and if its working for you, then carry on.

I use my rods for match fishing and use the soft tips and chuck pellet feeders and bango's on commercials.

I've never known that much tow on a lake to pull my rod tips round to the extent it was doubled round and never registered a bite.
Thanks for the adcive