''A bittersweet situation''.

robtherake

Reaction score
...and there's some good stuff on there, Mark!

I keep thinking that I've got enough gear - if only new situations didn't keep opening up that surely require a piece of tackle that's just so, then I'd have it licked.

The problem with having all that kit is that you then end up taking far more than you need - I've never regained that purity of sensation that I enjoyed at age 13, with just an old rod, reel and twenty yards of line. Having less choice would be a start, but you know how it is...:eek:mg:

thameside

Reaction score
Derek,

In my dotage, I no longer seek the latest, most modern, but look for rods and reels I could not afford in my younger years.
Bob

I am exactly the same. I am not interested in the latest stuff. I am stuck in a time warp of 40 years ago.

john step

Reaction score
Quite strange seeing this thread pop up started by Derek who is no longer with us and certainly won't need to buy any more tackle. He was always philosophising. I wonder if he knew it was all coming to the end. RIP Derek.

Windy

Reaction score
Must admit that this thread revival gave me a real moment and a lump in the throat for a while. Never met the man and I wish I had the privilege. Brilliant posts and a great fisherman. Sadly missed.

Another (car) forum I frequent has a small but select forum subsection for those we have loved and lost where in memorial threads are posted and kept. Just a thought.